No announcement yet.

HSBC are cheap bastards

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I read about ZIRP... Isn't this a horrible idea? What incentive is there to save money? Most of my bank money's at about 2%, and I find that a fairly useless return.
    Yep, but the PTB want it so it will probably happen. The banks hate savers that don't pay them money every month.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Whenever I've got an extra four grand in my bank account I put it in mutual funds. I'm sure my account's interest rate is crap, but the money's never in there long enough for me to give a ****.
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
        I did not think Putin would be so stubborn as to risk a currency collapse. Apparently, I was wrong. I wonder if he will throw his finance minister in jail.
        The fall in oil prices seems excessive, by extension so may be the fall of the rouble.
        DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

The nice thing about low interest rates is that now is actually a good time to get a mortgage.

Comment

I'm paying 3% on a 5/1 jumbo arm. With the interest tax deduction it's more like 2%...
            12-17-10 Mohamed Bouazizi NEVER FORGET
            Stadtluft Macht Frei
            Killing it is the new killing it
            Ultima Ratio Regum

Comment

Too close to the end to refinance at this point so while it's not super low, only 22 more and I"m done.
              It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
              RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I'm assuming that's 22 payments, as opposed to 22 years?
                <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

At what point does it make sense to just pay it off with a lump sum? 12 payments to go? 6 payments to go?
                  “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                    I'm assuming that's 22 payments, as opposed to 22 years?
                    Yes, that is correct. I wouldn't be cheering about 22 years.

And since the mortgage was front loaded on the interest a high percentage of the final payments are against the principle so the upside to finish it off early is really small.
                    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
                    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Only 144 more and I'll be done.

No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Paying off early would alter the cash flow requirements and might allow for earlier retirement scenarios
                        “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Naw, i'm in at least till it's paid off so no impact on that side. And the payout would come from the funds I'll be using to retire. Granted it's only about 20K but that's still 20K.
                          RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Working...
                          X