Yay, GOP voter suppression is back!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Jon Miller View Post
    ... first the men will piss all over the toilet seats in the unisex restrooms, then this will cause androcide and ...

JM
    This
    I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
    - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
      1. Unisex restrooms. Not a sin. Nice strawman.
      2. Voter disenfranchisement. Not a sin. The right to vote is not a God given right. You don't get to be an idiot and rule over others.
      3. Women voicing opinions I disagree with. Only a sin depending on what they say. But probably sin.
      4. Being Muslim. Seriously? Sin.
      5. .... No comment.
      If unisex restrooms aren't a sin then why are you up in arms about Houston having unisex restrooms?

And at your other answers
      <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
        If unisex restrooms aren't a sin then why are you up in arms about Houston having unisex restrooms?

And at your other answers
        Because you are up in arms about your right to vote for this crap because you think men are oppressed for not being allowed to pee on the seat in the women's room.

Comment

So you're secretly in favor of unisex restrooms, and have just been playing devil's advocate? I'm impressed, I honestly didn't think you were clever enough for that

Comment

I've been to countries where that is part of their culture. I'm fine with that. It's not part of the liberal agenda.

Comment

You are on good troll form today old man. I salute you.

Comment

Wait until Wendy Davis gets rejected by the voters. Then you can say not enough people without drivers licenses got to vote.

Comment

Originally posted by loinburger View Post
                  With any luck I'll trigger the Apocalypse.
                  with any luck, you'll trigger some MRA's and they'll kill themselves
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

What the hell are you talking about? Nobody gives a **** about some random mayor's antics unless they're at Rob Ford levels of awfulness and/or awesomeness
                    Actually, you're wrong here. Annise Parker has gone full Ford. You never go full Ford.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

We can't have such barriers for some (who already vote less than the average) and not such barriers for others.
                      The problem is, how do you prove that a person is who they say they are and that they are legally permitted to vote? This is important. In order to keep elections fair and free- people need to hold up their end of the bargain by providing sufficient photo identification.

If people are no longer required to provide identification then fraud is irresistible. It becomes possible for people to vote as many times as they are able and deprives others of the franchise.

You're concerned about people being turned away, sure, but what about the people who's votes are disenfranchised by someone who isn't eligible to vote?
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Except that it happens so rarely that it's statistically irrelevant. There have been countless Republican investigators who have tried to prove there's this mass fraud going on, and every single one has failed miserably. It's a myth that's used to try and justify disenfranchising millions of legitimate voters.

Comment

Except that it happens so rarely that it's statistically irrelevant.
                          It's impossible to detect without sufficient countermeasures.

There have been countless Republican investigators who have tried to prove there's this mass fraud going on
                          The system as it is, with a secret ballot and no requirement for identification makes fraud impossible to prove.

It's a myth that's used to try and justify disenfranchising millions of legitimate voters.
                          How is requiring everyone to obtain photo identification disenfranchising them? Are you suggesting that people are too lazy to take a day to go and get it?

Comment

You wouldn´t have the problem with double registered voters, if you would introduce a mandatory national ID-card, as almost all other modern democracies have
                            (at least mandatory if you want to perform things like participate in elections, or for doing administrative formalities)
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                            Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

You wouldn´t have the problem with double registered voters, if you would introduce a mandatory national ID-card, as almost all other modern democracies have
                              In the same countries that still don't require photo id for voting?

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST View Post
                                (at least mandatory if you want to perform things like participate in elections, or for doing administrative formalities)
                                A national ID card? I believe you mean The Mark Of The Beastâ„¢

Comment

Working...
                                X