Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Movement to Ban Everyone Who Has Been accused of DV from Professional Sports

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kidicious View Post
    I don't know the website but I heard about it on Oerdin's favorite radio station, NPR.
    Kid, that's, like, MrFun-level sad.

"I heard about this thing that sounds bad to me. I don't know anything about it, but I'll start a thread about it."
    Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
    RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

I'm glad that Kid has decided to become a White Knight for Wifebeating. Someone had to do it
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

You're a moron and the worst person I know.
        I'm guessing you aren't big on introspection.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

How about we only punish people after they've been convicted for stuff? I know this sounds radical, but I think it might turn out better if we actually set, as a nation, some standard of proof before we assume guilt and assign punishment.
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Hitler was never convicted.
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Of course not. After all, Hitler did nothing wrong.

Comment

Originally posted by Hauldren Collider View Post
                How about we only punish people after they've been convicted for stuff? I know this sounds radical, but I think it might turn out better if we actually set, as a nation, some standard of proof before we assume guilt and assign punishment.
                When the NFL starts doing this for everything else it suspends people for, then that may be a rational request, but since they don't, ask that is being asked for is consistency.
                “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Imran, you need to manage your expectations. If they didn't have double standards they'd have no standards at all.

Comment

I think the evidence is quite strongly against Ray Rice. Is there an example of someone who's been falsely accused?
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I think that Kidicious argument here is ironclad and irrefutable. Whoever dares go against him shall be summarily PWNed, as has been the case so far in this thrade.

I am actually taking notes on how to be a better poaster, from Kidicious.
                      Order of the Fly
                      Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                        Kid, that's, like, MrFun-level sad.

"I heard about this thing that sounds bad to me. I don't know anything about it, but I'll start a thread about it."
                        MrFun makes up stuff like "Republicans burn kittens!". You KNOW that! This is the real world!
                        I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                        - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui View Post
                          When the NFL starts doing this for everything else it suspends people for, then that may be a rational request, but since they don't, ask that is being asked for is consistency.
                          Like what Imran? Are you just saying stuff to say stuff?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

An employer doesn't need a reason to fire someone. They can just decide they don't wish to continue having you associated with their company/brand and that is it. No one has a right to work for the NFL. Besides all of the players willingly signed contracts with personal conduct sections in them because they wanted to make the millions which came from working in pro sports. Why should we cry for someone who willingly signed a contract and then broke it?
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

What is this ****ing bull**** you're spewing? This is the kind arbitrary labor decision YOU support. This has to be the one time I've ever seen you take the side of labor over management and I have to wonder if it's due to the fact the labor are also millionaires. Or you're just an apologist for domestic violence, but I'm feeling generous today.
                              "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                              'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Originally posted by Dinner View Post
                                An employer doesn't need a reason to fire someone. They can just decide they don't wish to continue having you associated with their company/brand and that is it. No one has a right to work for the NFL. Besides all of the players willingly signed contracts with personal conduct sections in them because they wanted to make the millions which came from working in pro sports. Why should we cry for someone who willingly signed a contract and then broke it?
                                The only merit in pointing this out is that this is what HC believes in every other single case except now. I don't get it.
                                "I hope I get to punch you in the face one day" - MRT144, Imran Siddiqui
                                'I'm fairly certain that a ban on me punching you in the face is not a "right" worth respecting." - loinburger

Comment

Working...
                                X