Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

My Doctor Told Me I Should Vaccinate My Children, But ...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I could also point out that there's no such thing as "mandatory vaccination". A parent can claim a religious exemption, all they have to do is sign a form. The only thing that's mandatory is that if you want your child to go to school you either have to produce a vaccination record, the signed religious exemption form or a note from a doctor stating that vaccinations are contraindicated. The form doesn't ask you to "swear" so it's even Quaker friendly.
    "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

If I was dictator, then any vaccine that was readily mass producible, would be mandatory - no exceptions.
      “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.”

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
        If I was dictator, then any vaccine that was readily mass producible, would be mandatory - no exceptions.

same

the right to believe in supernatural nonsense ends when it becomes a public health threat
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
          Yeah. I totally walked right into it.

If you're going to read what I say and then act like if I said something completely different, I won't even bother.

It took this long for the light to go off?
          (\__/)
          (='.'=)
          (")_(") This is Bunny. Copy and paste bunny into your signature to help him gain world domination.

Comment

If the inoculation is so amazing, why not let people choose?
            Because Jennifer McCarthy.
            No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
              Jennifer McCarthy.
              She's hot. I'd like to stick her...

with a VACCINE!
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

I've never seen her playboy spread.

edit: now I have, and I agree with Sava

Comment

Communicable: able to be passed to another person.
                  In the context of immunization, a distinction is usually drawn between diseases which can be passed through casual contact and those that cannot.

Vector: an organism that transmits a pathogen.
                  Disease vector - the pathway in which a pathogen is transmitted into an organism.

So yes, HPV is a communicable disease and people are the vector for HPV.
                  Why don't you actually debate the point rather than arguing with someone who actually understands the terminology well enough? I know what you're doing. I'm puzzled why you're taking this tack.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

bumhole really trying to deny that HPV causes cervical cancer.
                    I challenged Nestor to provide the figures for the percentage of HPV infections that result in cervical cancer.

Most infections with high-risk HPVs do not cause cancer.
                    Even your own source doesn't back you up, Cockney.
                    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                      I challenged Nestor to provide the figures for the percentage of HPV infections that result in cervical cancer.
                      Do your own research you goddamn nincompoop. If anything, you're the one who needs it most.

Based on data from 2006–2010, about 33,200 HPV-associated cancers occur in the United States each year: about 20,600 among females, and about 12,600 among males. Cervical cancer is the most common HPV-associated cancer among women, and oropharyngeal cancers (cancers of the back of the throat, including the base of the tongue and tonsils) are the most common among men.

Read for your goddamn self. Though, I have zero confidence in your ability to process and understand any of this information.

Idiot.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Even your own source doesn't back you up, Cockney.
                        have you considered taking a remedial english course?
                        "The Christian way has not been tried and found wanting, it has been found to be hard and left untried" - GK Chesterton.

"The most obvious predicition about the future is that it will be mostly like the past" - Alain de Botton

Comment

In the context of immunization, a distinction is usually drawn between diseases which can be passed through casual contact and those that cannot.
                          By whom?

Disease vector - the pathway in which a pathogen is transmitted into an organism.
                          No. please see the actual accepted definition, not the one you made up.

Why don't you actually debate the point rather than arguing with someone who actually understands the terminology well enough? I know what you're doing. I'm puzzled why you're taking this tack.
                          Umm......... Because you're actually utterly ignorant of the terminology as used by real medical professionals?
                          "I say shoot'em all and let God sort it out in the end!

Comment

Based on data from 2006–2010, about 33,200 HPV-associated cancers occur in the United States each year: about 20,600 among females, and about 12,600 among males. Cervical cancer is the most common HPV-associated cancer among women, and oropharyngeal cancers (cancers of the back of the throat, including the base of the tongue and tonsils) are the most common among men.
                            Still doesn't answer my question, sava. I asked for the percentage of HPV infections that result in Cervical cancer. If we assume 1 in 10 have HPV - that's a tenth of one percent resulting in cancer.

Comment

Umm......... Because you're actually utterly ignorant of the terminology as used by real medical professionals?
                              Your citation was Webster's. Are you really sure you want to continue playing this game, Doc?

Comment

have you considered taking a remedial english course?
                                Are you recommending one?

Comment

Working...
                                X