Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tim Horton's being bought by Burger King.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by The Mad Monk View Post
    Also, this. This means that Tim Hortons could start showing up wherever there's a Burger King. I can't wait.
    I find those sort of two brands in one location deals don't really work well. I mean Carl's Jr has "Green Burrito" (some crappy American faux Mexican fast food chain which makes Taco Bell and Del Taco look good in comparison) sold in a bunch of their locations and now they're starting to sell Hardy's at the same place. That just muddies all three brand names.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

• Fast food is garbage and you deserve whatever diarrhea you get from it.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

• x-hippie'd

They don't have to be in the same building. They will have leverage getting permits and approvals just by benefit of having someone already there who knows the area and the the local government. Plus they can share purchasing power and supply lines.
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

• OK, I could see that. Supposedly those synergies are a lot harder to realize in real life than the theory folks claim though.

On the upside I finally got to try a Hardy's Thick Burger.

Comment

• How'd you like it? Also, try their beer battered onion rings.

Comment

x-hippie'd
              I bathe regularly and own zero bongo drums.
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

How'd you like it? Also, try their beer battered onion rings.
                I'll have to try the onion rings next time though the menu gets a bit confused given that three fast food brands are all selling out of one location and you pay the same cashier. I honestly don't know if they're selling the Carl's onion rings or the Hardy's onion rings or if they're both the same. The Thickburger was thick but I think the local outlet still is trying to dial things in wrt Hardy's because the burger a bit over cooked on the outside but it somehow still managed to be juicy. It wasn't quit as large as Carl's $5 burger but it was much bigger around which some how made it feel like a bigger burger.

Comment

• Sava - interesting to see that high corporate taxes would drive corporations away, which is exactly what we predicted would happen.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• Originally posted by Sava View Post
                    I bathe regularly and own zero bongo drums.
                    Oh, sorry.

x-hipster'd

Comment

• Hey Dinner, given the typo in the very first word of the Fox News headline, I was wondering if you wrote the linked article.
                      One day Canada will rule the world, and then we'll all be sorry.

Comment

• Yes. It is my freelance gig.

Comment

One of the first things we did when we founded this country (mark II) was ban interstate tariffs, because we realized how damaging they are. This is now happening with international tariffs, in the form of free trade agreements.
                          You might be mistaken on the reason why that was done.
                          In Soviet Russia, Fake borises YOU.

Comment

• Um... I don't think so...
                            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
                            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Working...
                            X