No announcement yet.

Peshmerga ain't no joke

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BTW which is the more tolerant brand? sunni or shia'a?

Comment

Originally posted by Bereta_Eder View Post
      BTW which is the more tolerant brand? sunni or shia'a?
      They aren't monolithic entities.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

one is supposed to be less uptight?

Comment

They're both kind of dicks just like virtually all other organized religious groups.
          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

.... and are mostly made up of people just trying to live their lives in peace

like all other organized religious groups
            To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

touching

Comment

That's $50 extra.
                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

ok

Comment

another satisfied customer
                    To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Nothing like a happy ending...
                      There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

...and that was nothing like a happy ending.
                        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

I've never actually been made to orgasm from a handy or oral before
                          To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Question: do the IS have any prospects for supporting themselves in the long term? I know they have lots of looted cash, but long-term they'll need some revenue flowing in, and I have a hard time seeing anybody buying oil from these guys. I also (and I know I've said this before) can't imagine them competently managing the country after the dust settles. They appear to have no skills which are not directly related to shooting people and/or reciting their own Santa Muerte School of Islam. Both involve alienating the hell out of their subjects, and even the Sunnis don't particularly like them right now. They're only tolerated, IIUC, as an alternative to Shiite rule. We'll see how people feel after a few months of Sharia and stalemate.

And now any convoys they send between cities are at our mercy, and there's ****-all they can do about it. Aaand the Pesh Merga, who were putting up a pretty good fight with rusty Soviet-surplus crap, will be getting fancy modern guns along with their air support. Kurdistan will soon be awash in guns and ammo, if it isn't already, and I wouldn't be surprised if Yazidis started signing up to fight. Great job, dickheads; you turned a peaceful body of non-combatants into a source of highly motivated enemy recruits.

Couldn't happen to nicer folks. Hopefully, when and if somebody catches their Caliph, they won't waste a perfectly good rug on him like the Mongols did with the last one.
                            1011 1100
                            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

Basically, everything revolves around Mosul. They lose Mosul they are pretty much done.
                              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Elok View Post
                                Question: do the IS have any prospects for supporting themselves in the long term?
                                Supposedly they're selling oil illegally from the areas which they have captured and they're "taxing" all the people in the areas they control.
                                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Working...
                                X