d3.d9.dll errors

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• d3.d9.dll errors

Anyone know a good FREE tool that will fix d3d9.dll errors?

Mine is bad image - not designed for windows or damaged.

It's affecting an old HP laptop I use to play old games like Cod 2 and MTW. These days you have to keep your old machines running just to play the games you like
    Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Update the direct X on the HP laptop.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

I did that.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Comment

no luck eh? try a reinstall of the games if you can.
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What version of windows are you on?

Here's something for Windows 7

Hi Attrition ,
          Mostly, the issue is caused by the C:\Windows\system32\ D3D9.DLL file is damaged. I have following suggestion to resolve the problem.
          First of all, please copy D3D9.DLL from another known good computer.
          Replace the D3D9.DLL file
          ============================
          1. In the "Start" menu, locate "Command Prompt". Right-click and choose "Run as Administrator". If you are prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.
          2. Type the following commands, then press "Enter" to execute them one by one. Please note the space before the command and its parameter.
          takeown /f %windir%\system32\D3D9.DLL
          cacls %windir%\system32\D3D9.DLL /G administrators:F
          3. Click “Start” menu, type %windir%\System32 into “Start Search” box and press Enter.
          4. Rename “D3D9.DLL” to “D3D9.old”.
          5. Please copy good D3D9.DLL file to this folder (system32 folder).
          Hope it helps.

Comment

did you try this, would be a option I would do before nuking it.
            We're sorry, the voices in my head are not available at this time. Please try back again soon.

Comment

against my better judgement, out of foolish sentimentality, I took it to the repair shop

The guy is going to do diagnostics and install windows 7 if the laptop is okay, just a software issue = $159. He'll give me a quote on a new battery, - $60-120. If the harddrive is fried or the graphics card is broken, no charge.

He tried to interest me in a new hard drive but that was a bridge too far for me - take it up to $400. Better to just buy a new comp, but this one has a 19 inch screen so worth some effort to retrieve (maybe). I use it for old FPS games.

Comment

I suggest you reformat your life and never post again.
                Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

fat chance

Comment

Working...
                  X