Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

People are stupid and can only learn about WW1 if you compare it to Game of Thrones.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• People are stupid and can only learn about WW1 if you compare it to Game of Thrones.

The shot that killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand 100 years ago today - which started a bloodletting that didn’t stop until 10 million people died and four empires were ruined in World War I - had all the elements of an exaggerated “Game of Thrones” script.

[continues...]

The shot that killed Archduke Franz Ferdinand 100 years ago today - which started a bloodletting that didn’t stop until 10 million people died and four empires were ruined in World War I - had all the elements of an exaggerated “Game of Thrones” script.

Jesus Facepalm Christ.
    To us, it is the BEAST.

It is not even a good analogy as the game of thrones is about who will take the throne in one country while WW1 was a clash of great powers to see who would dominate the international order. It was like a pack of wolves to see what the social hierarchy would be among nations. Countries A, B, & C beat countries D, E, & F there for the pecking order shall be A,B, and C over the others.
    Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

It's a bad idea even if the plot is similar.
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

SPOILER ALERT
        “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
        - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Spoiler:
          We won, Imran.

ACK!
          Don't try to confuse the issue with half-truths and gorilla dust!

Comment

Well, both went on too damned long, sound depressing, and don't interest me.[/bahhumbug]
            1011 1100
            Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

I saw one season of GoT

that was enough
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Shall I get you your walker, Sava?
                Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

the hype makes me not like it

it also doesn't help that people i find annoying on facebook are obsessed with it
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                  X