Apolyton Wiki

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by N35t0r View Post
    Having to select cats every edit is a bit cumbersome, especially on a phone.
    Right now that captcha is what's keeping many of the bots from spamming the wiki.

I have created a new user group "trusted" which bypasses the captcha and am placing everyone active from the forum into that user group. For now it's manual promotion. I'll look into autopromotion (maybe after first successful edit). I'll also hook it into forum user groups.

In any case it would be good to have some Bureaucrats who can help manage user permissions. Anyone who is interested in that position let me know. For now Lorizael and I are Admins and can manage user permissions.

Comment

Also, anyone who has Poly Plus [Lifetime], or any level of moderator/admin/staff will automatically be trusted from now on I think.

Comment

Sweet! Thanks Aeson!

Just tested and it works!
        Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
        "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
        2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

If you have some spare time, add the wonder category tag to wonders please, BK.

Uni's proxy was actung up a bit yesterday. I could only acces the wiki from my phone (via the wifi, there's no cell coverage in the basement hydro/pneumatic labs), not from my computer.
          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

If you have some spare time, add the wonder category tag to wonders please, BK.
            Ok, I will do.
            Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
            "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Also, anyone who has Poly Plus [Lifetime], or any level of moderator/admin/staff will automatically be trusted from now on I think.
              That's still a thing?

How much again?
              To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Also, we will have problems with wonders (and city improvements and units and techs and..) called the same in the different civ versions.
                Indifference is Bliss

Comment

I'll rename the wonders that are copied in later editions with Pyramids (Civ2), etc as that's how the big wiki does it. someone's also going to have to do some disambiguation, (which is not something I've done myself).

Which wonders are copied in later (earlier) versions? I haven't really played anything other than Civ2.

Comment

Off the top of my head.
                    ancient: all
                    Medieval: all but MPE and KRC?
                    Industrial: all? (doubs on Adam Smith's, but I think it was in 3)
                    Modern: all

Just in case, maybe add it to all?
                    Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Also, please stop making the wiki look bad by adding your dumb opinions to the wonders. kthksbai.
                      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

While I agree that we should refrain from adding dumb opinions to the wiki, opinions themselves are allowed. There are plenty of ways to find game info on Civ2 wonders, which means the Apolyton wiki is only providing something novel if it also includes the collected wisdom of Apolyton.
                        Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                        "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

I'm referring to stuff such as:

Nowadays, it is likely that this wonder would be depicted as the Internet instead of pseudoscientific claptrap;
                          in the SETI wonder description

Or, in CfC,
                          The Cure for Cancer wonder in Civ 2 represents, what, at the time, would have been understood as a future 'cure for cancer' project. Today, it could be understood as the Human Genome Project, and the subsequent research into genetics and the operation of proteins in the human body.
                          Indifference is Bliss

Comment

It's a wiki. Complaining about stuff you didn't write when you could have written it yourself makes no sense to me.

If you don't like the description, then edit it.

Just in case, maybe add it to all?
                            Yeah. Looks like all but the Embassy and KRC. Odd wonders not to return, they were cool ones.

Ok, I've redirected all of em to Wonder(Civ2), so now it won't cause problems with naming.
                            Last edited by Ben Kenobi; June 27, 2014, 11:56.

Comment

It being a wiki doesn't make it a free for all, BK. My guess is Aeson doesn't want to have to sit down and craft a specific set of rules for editing the Apolyton wiki, so let's just be reasonable instead. If you're describing a wonder, describe it under a description heading. If you have an opinion on a wonder's gameplay value, add that under a gameplay value heading. If you have an opinion on the value of SETI as a scientific endeavor, start a thread in the OT about it.
                              Last edited by Lorizael; June 27, 2014, 11:52.
                              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
                              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                                It being a wiki doesn't make it a free for all, BK. My guess is Aeson doesn't want to have to sit down and craft a specific set of rules for editing the Apolyton wiki, so let's just be reasonable instead. If you're describing a wonder, describe it under a description heading. If you have an opinion on a wiki's gameplay value, add that under a gameplay value heading. If you have an opinion on the value of SETI as a scientific endeavor, start a thread in the OT about it.
                                To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                                X