Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Tesla does something great for both itself and the electric car movement.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BK regularly drives over 300 miles per day. That's probably why he can only live in a tiny room and can barely make rent.
    Ok. Back up in Canada, I drove, regularly about 50 miles a day. Let me explain something to you.

300 miles is MAXIMUM range. When you've got everything including rainbow ****ting unicorns helping you along. .

Usable range is closer to about half that. Less in winter and even less in the snow. And that's assuming I manage to remember to charge the damn thing everyday.

If my usable range is even in the vicinity of not being able to get me to work and back in the winter, the car is ****ing useless. That's when I need the car the most.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
      We have to shovel a foot of snow off the goddamned roof. Just to get into the car. Then you have to scrape the front and the back and sides. Then start the car, and let it warm up for 15 minutes.

And that's not even counting the time if you have to plow the driveway.

THIS WAS MY DAILY ****ing ROUTINE!
      Wow, that's a lot of work. I'm surprised you haven't heard about these things called garages you can keep your car in. It'd save you the trouble of shoveling the snow off it at least.
      Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Ok. Back up in Canada, I drove, regularly about 50 miles a day. Let me explain something to you.

300 miles is MAXIMUM range. When you've got everything including rainbow ****ting unicorns helping you along. .

Usable range is closer to about half that. Less in winter and even less in the snow. And that's assuming I manage to remember to charge the damn thing everyday.

If my usable range is even in the vicinity of not being able to get me to work and back in the winter, the car is ****ing useless. That's when I need the car the most.
        I thought you were living in Texas now.

In any case, I like how your argument against electric cars is a climate in which less than 1% of the human population must live in, and yet you claim they are totally useless.
        Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Wow, that's a lot of work. I'm surprised you haven't heard about these things called garages you can keep your car in. It'd save you the trouble of shoveling the snow off it at least.
          In -30, all the garage does is keep the snow off the car. You still have to plow the driveway. Even if you do all of that, there's still other things you have to do to keep it running just so that it starts.

In any case, I like how your argument against electric cars is a climate in which less than 1% of the human population must live in, and yet you claim they are totally useless.
          Yeah. Call me when you see snow for the first time.

I thought you were living in Texas now.
          I do. The marvel of my internal combustion engine that runs on gas works in BOTH areas. Odd that.

Sheesh, we should have a contest. Horses in -30 versus a Tesla.
          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

In -30, all the garage does is keep the snow off the car.
            Well, yeah. You made it seem like it was a lot of work. It looks like your time wasn't worth that much then.

You still have to plow the driveway. Even if you do all of that, there's still other things you have to do to keep it running just so that it starts.
            Um, if you need to keep it running to start it, you're doing something wrong. Like causality.

Yeah. Call me when you see snow for the first time.
            I question your argument against electric cars not working for over 99% of the population and all you can come up with is a personal attack? I'm hurt

I do. The marvel of my internal combustion engine that runs on gas works in BOTH areas. Odd that.
            It'd be a nice argument if we didn't already have specialized transportation vehicles for different climates. People living in cold hellholes can keep their gasoline cars.

Sheesh, we should have a contest. Horses in -30 versus a Tesla.
            We could also have a contest between a frog and an an octopus to see who is better at finding grasshoppers in a thunderstorm.

Either is equally irrelevant, but mine would at least be more entertaining.
            Indifference is Bliss

Comment

Either is equally irrelevant, but mine would at least be more entertaining.
              Apparently you buy a Tesla not to transport you to work but for bragging rights. Personally if I'm spending 50k on a car, I'd like it to do better than a horse at -30.

specialized transportation vehicles for different climates
              Wow. Tesla can dominate the 'specialized transportation vehicles' market, while the rest of us drive actual cars.

if you need to keep it running to start it, you're doing something wrong. Like causality.
              There are plenty of things you need to do a car to keep it running in order to start it. Clearly, English is not your first language.

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
                Ben should read the acceleration stats for both Tesla and NanoFlow vehicles.
                Oh, and Nanoflow's energy efficiency is ~80%.
                Yeah there's nothing wrong with the performance of electric motors; new Navy ships are using electric motors. The issue is where to draw the energy from.

Comment

Cars shouldn't have solar panels for the same reason animals don't perform photosynthesis, and instead eat plants.
                  If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
                  ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	4ab1487c5957e0d8404235b25c6404e31279586287_full.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	9101212

That's it. Off the planet. Now.
                    Last edited by The Mad Monk; September 8, 2014, 00:55.
                    No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Working...
                    X