No announcement yet.

Please don't take this too seriously.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Perception of capsaicin is unrelated to olfaction.
    Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      It's okay, Sava loves me. And I'm gonna love him right back.

Originally posted by Felch View Post
      READ THE OP K THANX SMOKE WEED EVERYDAY BYE
      just blazed woooo
      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

and its always 420oclock somewhere
        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

No it isn't. It's only 420 somewhere when the minute is at 20. Don't you know how time zones work?
          If there is no sound in space, how come you can hear the lasers?
          ){ :|:& };:

Comment

Depending on the particular time it could be 4:20 somewhere at 50 minutes after also, because some time zones have half-steps.

Comment

Kierkegaard said, "purity of heart is to will one thing." He meant will the good. You can't really only will one thing, evil, unless you are a demon, because you always know that good is good, evil isn't.

Anywho, you need a reason to live or you are going to kill yourself. You're going to do it sooner or later because it's the only rational thing to do.

There's only one thing that no one can take away from you, your ability to choose. You can choose to be happy. People do it everyday. It's called the will to meaning. There are other types of will that would at least keep you alive. One is Will to Power (Nietzsche), you have to be successful for that though. It works for KH I think. The other is will to pleasure, hedonism. That one only works for so long before you kill yourself.
              I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
              - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Hello, my name is AAHZ. I hope we cKan all get along on this strange forum!
                Order of the Fly
                Those that cannot curse, cannot heal.

Comment

there are also alternate universes and stuff

DUH
                  To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Forgive me if I'm stating the too-obvious, but depression has a tendency to reinforce itself by making you not feel like doing things you know you need to to get better. -And then making you dislike yourself for not doing things you ought to.

It's a downer tax, coming and going, on everything you do or don't.

One needs keep that in mind when making decisions, and try to compensate...
                    AC2- the most active SMAC(X) community on the web.
                    JKStudio - Masks and other Art

No pasarán

Comment

Anywho, you need a reason to live or you are going to kill yourself. You're going to do it sooner or later because it's the only rational thing to do.
                      I can't stress the importance of this enough. Doesn't even have to be a good reason. But find SOMETHING. Something that makes you think, "hey I'm doing something worthwhile and purposeful with my life".

I have contemplated this myself. I don't think I've posted it before - but my last attempt was 2 years ago. I was under severe stress at the time both at work, and where I was living and I had just given up. I had a date and everything was set up for it. I was tired of certain persons going out and ****ting on me just because they could, and there was nothing I could do about it. I decided to give it one last shot before saying **** it, and I ended up in the hospital. I got out after 2 weeks there and have been slowly working my way back.

I'm still here because of ***holes like Nikolai and joncha and Slowwy others who know who they are and I won't name who gave me unending ****. Thanks guys.
                      Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 12, 2014, 00:25.
                      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                      2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

What's your purpose, Ben?

No pasarán

Comment

What's your purpose, Ben?
                          Longterm, middle term, short term, daily? They are all different for me.

Longterm hasn't changed for me in the last 4. Get married, continue to teach, get a place of my own and become an American citizen. The rest? Change depending on my mood, how optimistic I am and what I happen to be doing at the time.

Some of the middleterm goals have been on the list now for 10+ years, and I haven't cleared them off the deck yet so to speak. I think I've got only two that have been on that list that long.

I want to finish my civ high score game.

I want to beat Diablo II Hardcore on Hell Difficulty with a summonmancer, untwinked.
                          Last edited by Ben Kenobi; March 12, 2014, 01:03.
                          Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                          "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                          2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Even the sims in Simcity don't kill themselves, and they can't hold a job for more than a ****ing day. I guess you could see what I just said as inspirational.

I also highly recommend Titanfall

Comment

Hang in there, Lori. And don't underestimate your friends.
                              Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                              RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Perhaps it would be in order to make a short-term goal or two for starters, Lori? I have million little goals -take care of BU is a major one I used to be terrible at before I bore down- for instance, I've taken an interest in the well-being of someone I've seen around who seems okay, but I don't really know. Cheering depressed people up is always rewarding. It's entirely possible to take the altruism as self validation too far, which is why I had to make taking care of me a priority, but it's not something most people are in any danger of.

Talking to people online as a social life isn't optimal, but it's better than what I'd be doing otherwise - reading and watching TV, and nothing else. I have a lot of online hobbies, mostly centering on running my forum. But y'know, doing small kindnesses make me feel better. I spend a lot of time teaching art modding, and doing small art jobs for people. -Which leads me to a project I'm considering...

Would you happen to be interested in learning how to make smilies?

No pasarán

Comment

Working...
                                X