Arizona's new anti-gay law.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MrFun View Post
    Of course, we could all just treat one another the way we ourselves would like to be treated.
    Ben believes that if he were gay he would like people to treat him like **** until he stops having sexual relations with other men.
    [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Al Melvin is a fuckin' idiot.

Anderson Cooper made a perfectly valid example of how this law in Arizona could be applied. For instance (this is what Cooper brought up), a business owner in Arizona could deny a divorced woman or a single mother any service based on strong religious belief.

A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Al Melvin is a fuckin' idiot.

He only has a bachelor's degree and a MBA. That puts him on your level of accreditation, right?
        [Pets] can't be reasoned with when their instincts kick in and they remember that they're animals. Especially dogs which are genetically 100% wolves. - Al B. Sure!

Comment

Originally posted by 100% Wolf View Post
          Ben believes that if he were gay he would like people to treat him like **** until he stops having sexual relations with other men.
          It's the only way he will stop.
          “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.”
          "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

This is the second part of the interview of Al Melvin.

Comment

He only has a bachelor's degree and a MBA. That puts him on your level of accreditation, right?
              Ridiculous. He has a Business degree. Fun has a masters in History. What possible use could that degree be?
              Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
              "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
              2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Gov. Romney joins fellow presidential candidate Sen. McCain in opposition to the bill:

"Flutie was better than Kelly, Elway, Esiason and Cunningham." - Ben Kenobi
                "I have nothing against Wilson, but he's nowhere near the same calibre of QB as Flutie. Flutie threw for 5k+ yards in the CFL." -Ben Kenobi

Comment

See Republicans aren't all bad.
                  DISCLAIMER: the author of the above written texts does not warrant or assume any legal liability or responsibility for any offence and insult; disrespect, arrogance and related forms of demeaning behaviour; discrimination based on race, gender, age, income class, body mass, living area, political voting-record, football fan-ship and musical preference; insensitivity towards material, emotional or spiritual distress; and attempted emotional or financial black-mailing, skirt-chasing or death-threats perceived by the reader of the said written texts.

Comment

Originally posted by Colon™ View Post
                    See Republicans aren't all bad.

Comment

I'm not sure that I want to be forced under penalty of law to bake MrFun a cake either after this thread. Good job
                      I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                      - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

Originally posted by 100% Wolf View Post
                        That makes sense but if you accept that shouldn't you also let marriage counselors refuse to counsel interracial couples?
                        I'm actually fine with that. The number of people who feel that strongly about miscegenation is so small that it would be unlikely to cause real problems--and, given the nature of the service, having someone who's hostile to the whole end result doing it is just silly. Similar to the old saw about how only fools make their doctors their heirs.
                        1011 1100
                        Pyrebound--a free online serial fantasy novel

Comment

This back pedaling is pathetic.
                          "I voted for it but really don't want to see it pass." That's Ben levels of stupidity there. It should read: "I loved it when I thought it was just going to motivate may bigoted Republican base but now that the media has exposed me as supporting retarded double standards and bigotry I'm running away from it."
                          Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

This is the second part of the interview of Al Melvin.

I love how he tries to blame the media (which is the standard Republican scape goat) for daring to report about their attempts to make gays second class citizens. Oh, yes, if only the media didn't report about it then this law wouldn't be discriminatory.
                            Try http://wordforge.net/index.php for discussion and debate.

Comment

Originally posted by DinoDoc View Post
                              This looks like a lot of words to say that homosexuality isn't a protected class right now.
                              Why on Earth would a theoretically religion neutral country such as the United States bow to the wishes of one religious group ? Why should there be special, privileged rights for people who believe in one sort of supernatural deity ?

Can American Hindus see themselves denying service to anyone suspected of eating beef ? Sikhs may also went to get in on the act. No services for pork eating kaffirs either from American Muslims. Jews the same.

Where does the cosseting of the religionistas end ?
                              Last edited by molly bloom; February 26, 2014, 11:07.
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
                                Forcing Christians to act against their faith isn't going to work.
                                The Bible says killing is wrong. Your god says 'vengeance is mine'.

Do you support the death penalty ?

How about service in the armed forces ?

What about pacifist Christians withholding a portion of their taxes that goes towards the purchase or development of armaments ?

What if American atheists or humanists or secular-minded folk withhold part of their taxes as a protest against the tax breaks that religious groups get ?

Can't see you on THOSE barricades somehow.
                                Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                                X