No announcement yet.

Mr Fun = Winning!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, nothing like overriding the will of the people.

Democracy in action.

They did this sort of thing in the Soviet Union too. Steyn wrote an excellent article on this.

The asphyxiating embrace of ideological conformity was famously captured by Nikolai Krylenko, the People’s Commissar for Justice, in a speech to the Soviet Congress of Chess Players in 1932, at which he attacked the very concept of “the neutrality of chess.” It was necessary for chess to be Sovietized like everything else. “We must organize shock brigades of chess players, and begin immediate realization of a Five-Year Plan for chess,” he declared.

Six years later, the political winds having shifted, Krylenko was executed as an enemy of the people.
    Rights are funny things, aren't they? It's good to be the King.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

Bigots like Ben = Losing!

Comment

Aeson = Farming!
        No, I did not steal that from somebody on Something Awful.

Comment

Only when collecting food for my Dragons in Dragon City to eat

Comment

Sodomy is still illegal in Louisiana.
            “It is no use trying to 'see through' first principles. If you see through everything, then everything is transparent. But a wholly transparent world is an invisible world. To 'see through' all things is the same as not to see.â€

― C.S. Lewis, The Abolition of Man​

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
              Only when collecting food for my Dragons in Dragon City to eat
              Dragons got to eat.
              “As a lifelong member of the Columbia Business School community, I adhere to the principles of truth, integrity, and respect. I will not lie, cheat, steal, or tolerate those who do.â€
              "Capitalism ho!"

Comment

Originally posted by pchang View Post
                Sodomy is still illegal in Louisiana.
                Someone has to bring up the rear of any race ...

Comment

Originally posted by DaShi View Post
                  Dragons got to eat.
                  If I don't feed them, I get push notifications on Net's cell phone about how they're starving ... This is problematic for all sorts of reasons. Better to just feed them!

Comment

Originally posted by Aeson View Post
                    Douche bags like Mr Fun = Losing!

There. All better.
                    Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                    "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                    He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Democracy in action.

They did this sort of thing in the Soviet Union too. Steyn wrote an excellent article on this.

No, it's just that the tyranny of the majority cannot deny a minority group's rights.
                      A lot of Republicans are not racist, but a lot of racists are Republican.

Comment

Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post

Democracy in action.

Are you actually claiming that courts shouldn't be permitted to make rulings that don't conform to the majority public opinion at the moment or are you just being a sore loser?

Comment

What will MrFun do after he wins besides the obvious?
                          I drank beer. I like beer. I still like beer. ... Do you like beer Senator?
                          - Justice Brett Kavanaugh

Comment

I suspect he won't move to Utah...
                            There's nothing wrong with the dream, my friend, the problem lies with the dreamer.

Comment

Mormons were funding the opposition to it in California a while back

thats funny

Comment

Working...
                              X