Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Olympics

What no thread already?

So who likes watching the Olympics when they're on? Who's going? Who's taking part?

It's only 8 days before Cardiff literally kicks off the games with the opening event of women's football between Team GB and New Zealand, followed by Cameroon Vs Brazil, and I'll be there!
    Is it me, or is MOBIUS a horrible person?

Women's beach volleyball.
    It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
    RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Sadly that won't be in Cardiff...

Comment

Instant communications has really changed how much interest I have in watching the Olympics.
        When I was young, everyone tried to keep it a secret who won so you didn't really know until you watched it.
        These days, most of the broadcasts are shown taped with the winner already made aware to most of the those watching due to everyone being connected.
        It takes a lot of drama out of the viewing.
        At least this year with it over the pond, there will be some opportunity to watch some of the events live.

My wife and I don't make it a priority to watch but I'm sure we'll get caught up in the excitement.
        And it is considerably better than most of the other reality type shows that permeate the Summer broadcast schedule.
        It's almost as if all his overconfident, absolutist assertions were spoonfed to him by a trusted website or subreddit. Sheeple
        RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

I believe they are making every event available live this year, via either broadcast or live stream.

I could be wrong; haven't paid much attention.
          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Originally posted by -Jrabbit View Post
            I believe they are making every event available live this year, via either broadcast or live stream.

I could be wrong; haven't paid much attention.

You are correct.. That is the new NBC/Comcast strategy. Every event will be covered live in "some" fashion. They are hoping that the live web feeds will generate a strong "word of mouth" campaign to get people to watch the TV coverage. Only time will tell if that is a "good" strategy
            Keep on Civin'
            RIP rah, Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

Like usual I doubt I'll be watching any of the Olympics this year. I might venture over to Wikipedia once or twice to double check that the US is kicking ass in the medal count, but that's it.
              Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Since we're 5-8 hours behind I'm sure almost all of the prime time NBC broadcasts will be taped production pieces. So unless you have your head buried in the sand, most will know the outcome already.
                Hopefully on the weekends we can catch some live stuff in the afternoons.
                RIP Tony Bogey & Baron O

Comment

This being my first Olympics here am I required to go USA USA at random intervals? I was told people do that sort of thing.
                  Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
                  "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
                  2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

It is a requirement. You should have gotten a brochure about it.
                    Captain of Team Apolyton - ISDG 2012

When I was younger I thought curfews were silly, but now as the daughter of a young woman, I appreciate them. - Rah

Comment

Originally posted by rah View Post
                      Women's beach volleyball.
                      Life is not measured by the number of breaths you take, but by the moments that take your breath away.
                      "Hating America is something best left to Mobius. He is an expert Yank hater.
                      He also hates Texans and Australians, he does diversify." ~ Braindead

Comment

Women's football to kick off (pun intended!) the Olympics tomorrow in the Millennium Stadium in Cardiff!

Team GB Vs New Zealand, followed by Cameroon Vs Brazil.

Cardiff is looking great with all the flags and the buzz around the place! I've got my Olympic accreditation sorted so I'll be attending 9 of the 11 matches that are being held here in an official capacity - looking forward to it!

Comment

Nice! Enjoy.
                          Apolyton's Grim Reaper 2008, 2010 & 2011
                          RIP lest we forget... SG (2) and LaFayette -- Civ2 Succession Games Brothers-in-Arms

Comment

Can't wait for the Olympics to start. what country do you think will win the most gold?

Comment

Greek triple jumper expelled from Olympics for racist tweet
                              “With so many Africans in Greece ... the West Nile mosquitoes will at least eat homemade food!!!” she had posted on her Twitter account.

Olympics Twitter

Comment

Working...
                              X