Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Gay Sex Political Scandal- Guess Which Party?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What about a man whose sperm is faulty (eg circle swimmers) or a woman whose fallopian tubes are blocked? Should they banned from getting married as they won't be able to have kids (without IVF, which I guess is another no-no seeing as some of the embryos will be discarded).
    Are you asking what the state should do, or what the Church teaches? The Church would want them to have their tubes untied. Same with the vasectomy.
    Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
    "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."
    2015 APOLYTON FANTASY FOOTBALL CHAMPION!

Comment

• How do you decide which of Christ's ideals should be ignored?
      Depends on the circumstance. If it's just involving me, selfishness or laziness. If it's someone else, probably wrath. It bothers me to see somebody picked on by other people.
      Scouse Git (2) La Fayette Adam Smith Solomwi and Loinburger will not be forgotten.
      "Remember the night we broke the windows in this old house? This is what I wished for..."

Comment

• Originally posted by Ben Kenobi View Post
        If you can find me a quote where they refer to gay miscegenation, fire away.
        Who the **** are "they," exactly? Is there some anti-miscegenation PAC with an official platform you can cite to?
        Unbelievable!

Comment

• Ben doesn't believe in turning the other cheek - he has said that he'd too lazy, selfish, and angry to be bothered following all of Christ's commandments/ideals - just the ones about Jesus hating gays.
          I was waiting to see if you would reply. Yeah, I'm a sinner. Do I believe in turning the other cheek, yes. Don't always succeed. You asked, I answered honestly.

Comment

• So, for example, when you seek revenge on Asher for something he posted two years ago (as in the Layton thread), what goes through your mind? Do you think "I should turn the other cheek, but I'm too lazy, selfish, and angry to do so," and then take your revenge? Or do you not even consider the ethics of your actions? Or do you realize that your course of action is unethical, but that's okay because you can just ask for forgiveness later? Or is Asher too much of a sinner for the "turn the other cheek" tenet to apply to him? I'm just trying to understand how you can consistently act with vengeance in your heart while still claiming to adhere to Christ's tenets - at what point does somebody's acts of vengeance cross the line from "a few screw-ups" to "not giving a damn about the ethical ramifications of vengeance"? Or to relate this to one of your favorite sins, how many times can two people have gay sex before they're being flagrant about it - are they able to ask forgiveness for the first twelve acts of gay sex, but at the thirteenth act they're just not even attempting to be not-gay? How many times can you act vengefully before you obviously don't care about turning the other cheek?
            <p style="font-size:1024px">HTML is disabled in signatures </p>

Comment

I was waiting to see if you would reply. Yeah, I'm a sinner. Do I believe in turning the other cheek, yes. Don't always succeed. You asked, I answered honestly.
              Then turn the other cheek now. In order to succeed, you have to try.
              Click here if you're having trouble sleeping.
              "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• So, for example, when you seek revenge on Asher for something he posted two years ago (as in the Layton thread), what goes through your mind?
                Honestly?

Well when I first saw the thread.

Shock and surprise. Then understanding and sympathy. I had known he was sick but the cancer apparently matastatized.

Then relief. No more Layton. Then concern. One of those up for leadership I know him personally, and he's terrible.

Then asher posted the beer picture and the claim that everyone believed X. I said, well ok. Now I have a decision. Do I want to post in here? Do I want to leave it alone. "If you don't have something nice to say than don't say anything at all."

Then I remembered what he did with the Fort Hood thread, and all the heat I took from trying to post a memorial thread. I remember him arguing I should be banned for posting the thread! So I felt that Asher needed to learn a lesson about treating other people.

you can consistently act with vengeance in your heart while still claiming to adhere to Christ's tenets
                I don't, not really. Look at what people say to me and ask how many time I respond to them in kind? How many times do I insult them? I get probably on average, around 10 insults a day here.

The other point, is this. I don't think I'm right when I sin. I have to go to confession and confess my sins and that includes wrath on here.

Or to relate this to one of your favorite sins, how many times can two people have gay sex before they're being flagrant about it - are they able to ask forgiveness for the first twelve acts of gay sex, but at the thirteenth act they're just not even attempting to be not-gay?
                Well, what does Christ say about this? If your brother asks for forgiveness, you must forgive him not 7 times, but 7 times 77 times. Anyone who repents can be forgiven. It doesn't matter how many sins they have committed in the past. If a gay man commits sodomy say a thousand times, Christ doesn't care. He cares about repentence, or turning away from sin.

Comment

• Then turn the other cheek now. In order to succeed, you have to try.
                  Well why don't we switch accounts for a day.

Comment

• I didn't say it would be easy. I said:

Originally posted by Lorizael View Post
                    In order to succeed, you have to try.
                    "We confess our little faults to persuade people that we have no large ones." - François de La Rochefoucauld

Comment

• And I said I am trying. It's funny to be arguing with this here, but I get way more heat despite you being a mod. I know your guys have a tough job.

Comment

• I'm willing to bet Ben is lying through his teeth here.
                        "The issue is there are still many people out there that use religion as a crutch for bigotry and hate. Like Ben."
                        Ben Kenobi: "That means I'm doing something right. "

Comment

• Who cares? Why did this thread need to be resurrected?

Comment

• I'm willing to bet Ben is lying through his teeth here.
                            That's one.

Comment

• Who cares? Why did this thread need to be resurrected?
                              Loinburger replied to my comment here in the Layton thread, so I took his comment, and replied to him in this thread.

Comment

That's one.
                                Life is hard. Turn the other cheek and apologize to Asher for your behavior. Your God is watching.

Comment

Working...
                                X