Weird SMAC screenshots

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Weird SMAC screenshots

Being in possibility to use my home computer again, I started a new game of SMAX couple of hours ago. However, as you can seeon the images below, something weird has occured. At first I noticed that Spartans are building Fungicide Missile Foil. Since the base building it was out of reach, I did not worry about it. Now, Spartans have sent foil to bombard base where part of my airforce is located.
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Illuminatus; July 21, 2005, 09:25.
    SMAC/X FAQ | Chiron Archives
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

I haven't modded anything, and I can't design a similar unit in the workshop. I'll let the foil live until a probe cruiser is ready to subvert it.

I must say this is an innovative design for Spartan navy. And foil looks interesting too,.

Strangely enough, this bug hasn't affected my game yet. I'll report if anything happens when I subvert it.

What are your weird SMACX screenshots?
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Illuminatus; July 21, 2005, 09:13.
    The reasonable man adapts himself to the world; the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. --G.B.Shaw

Comment

2241 and you're still on Orbital Spaceflight?
      "Cutlery confused Stalin"
      -BBC news

Comment

Originally posted by Chaos Theory
        2241 and you're still on Orbital Spaceflight?
        Tech stagnation is on. I've started on a five square landmass so I had to 'liberate' neighbouring continent to spread first. There were a lot of wars and AIs weren't particulary useful for probing techs from them. I probed Yang for AdvSpaceflight around 2225, but game recently offered me only skipped Orbital Spaceflight for research.

Comment

Surely those are your more outter reaching bases?! Those look quite under developed for 2241, tech stag or not.

Yeah, thats got to be it. They have to be your most recent colonies, and haven't had time to terraform the area.

Comment

Originally posted by jadenstriker
            Surely those are your more outter reaching bases?! Those look quite under developed for 2241, tech stag or not.

Yeah, thats got to be it. They have to be your most recent colonies, and haven't had time to terraform the area.
            Makes sense since it is a size 2 with a name "beta sector" which IIRC is one of the default names the game goes to after you exhaust your faction specific ones
            You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Originally posted by jadenstriker

Base is not even on mainland - it is on a minor landmass between me and Spartans. It was established as an airbase by a needlepod. By the time screenshot was taken, landbridge to connect it to the continent was under construction.

I subverted the fungicide foil. Design of fungicide foil appeared in unit workshop but whenever I tried to view it or modify it showed up as an ordinary foil. So much for combat fungicide foils.

Comment

Why wasting time on naval force if the whole word is so tech backward?
                I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

The fungicidal foil is a known bug. AFAIK the only factions who can sometimes build them are the Spartans and Believers. As you've discovered yourself already, you can't build them yourself, and their existence doesn't do anything bad or crashy to your game.
                  Contraria sunt Complementa. -- Niels Bohr
                  Mods: SMAniaC (SMAC) & Planetfall (Civ4)

Comment

Originally posted by Illuminatus

Base is not even on mainland - it is on a minor landmass between me and Spartans. It was established as an airbase by a needlepod. By the time screenshot was taken, landbridge to connect it to the continent was under construction.

I subverted the fungicide foil. Design of fungicide foil appeared in unit workshop but whenever I tried to view it or modify it showed up as an ordinary foil. So much for combat fungicide foils.
                    AH! Thats why. Heh, done that a few times too. Though when sea transport get air bays I usually have those in remote area's that tend to be neglected, more so if I have fungus like road or other secret tech. If you can plant an airbase in funcus and not be detected, more power to you.

Sense it is a remote landmass between you and sparta, I can see way you want to occupy it first, don't want them getting too close if they are hostile.

Comment

Originally posted by Maniac
                      The fungicidal foil is a known bug. AFAIK the only factions who can sometimes build them are the Spartans and Believers. As you've discovered yourself already, you can't build them yourself, and their existence doesn't do anything bad or crashy to your game.
                      I've never seen it before, despite having seen numerous asteroid strikes.

Thanks

Comment

Same here
                        I will never understand why some people on Apolyton find you so clever. You're predictable, mundane, and a google-whore and the most observant of us all know this. Your battles of "wits" rely on obscurity and whenever you fail to find something sufficiently obscure, like this, you just act like a 5 year old. Congratulations, molly.

Asher on molly bloom

Comment

So if you steal them with a probe, can they clear fungus?

The people want to know these things

Comment

Well, since fungicidal doesn't grant the ability to clear fungus (it just makes that faster), I would expect no. However, it wouldn't be unprecedented for the game to combine a noncombat ability with a combat unit. The IoD does this, and further units that transport and attack can be designed, such as the Q Ship.
                            "Cutlery confused Stalin"
                            -BBC news

Comment

I like it- looks like a mutant early hovercraft, full of Spartan day trippers and children, looking forward to a sunny day's work of rending, reiving and wrecking.

Market scene, Kylix from Sparta
                              Attached Files
                              Vive la liberte. Noor Inayat Khan, Dachau.

...patriotism is not enough. I must have no hatred or bitterness towards anyone. Edith Cavell, 1915

Comment

Working...
                              X