Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a scale of 1-10, how much are you anticipating RoN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I'm giving it a big 9.
    Just a few minor things to sort out but other than that...
    I am not worthy!

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000
      Ah, I suppose I misunderstood you. I was under the impression that you didn't want RoN at all because Brian was known for TBS and you thought that the RTS was going to become a complete and total failure.

My apologies.
      Quite alright. Just wanted to clarify my position.
      About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

9, I want the game but its going to be on if if the Demo is good, or the game HAS a demo.
        Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

I've never played an RTS game, but I'm going to buy this one. I can't help but notice all of the similarities between RON and CIV3. I like CIV3, but sometimes it is really tedious. I think the pacing in RON will be a lot better. Hopefully, there will be no need to clean up pollution, which has to be the most un-fun aspect of the entire CIV series.

Comment

Originally posted by playshogi
            I've never played an RTS game, but I'm going to buy this one. I can't help but notice all of the similarities between RON and CIV3. I like CIV3, but sometimes it is really tedious. I think the pacing in RON will be a lot better. Hopefully, there will be no need to clean up pollution, which has to be the most un-fun aspect of the entire CIV series.
            I agree, I HATED cleaning pollution, its the most annyoing things in the game, anyways, are you guys going to have a demo???
            Former President, Vice-president and Foreign Minister of the Apolyton Civ2-Democracy Games as 123john321

Comment

i voted 8, cause i have to be objective.

ron makes me drool, but civ3 MP makes me orgasm

at least BHG knows what to put in the first box :P
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

I'm sure it's a great game, it certainly looks cool.

Too bad I detest RTS games, nothing against this game specifically.

Comment

10, though I won't pre-order games ever again.

Brian Reynolds is just a fargging genius. I'm glad he shed the shackles of Firaxis and went on his own, along with the other brainiacs who left.

Comment

i picked 9, it only lack a few civs. else it looks really promising... WHY ARE THERE NO VIKINGS???
                    "The meaning of war is not to die for your country, but making your enemies die for their..."

Staff member at RoN Empire

Comment

Same reason theres no Native (of North America) my guess.

Comment

the reason why native north americans are not included is that they didnt have such an impact on the world history.

But the vikings did, so why arent they included?
                        "The meaning of war is not to die for your country, but making your enemies die for their..."

Comment

Ooook, there it fell down to six... you cant build swordsmen and pikemen in the same game...

Comment

Originally posted by bhg_paul
                            You gonna pre-order it?

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Berserk
                              Ooook, there it fell down to six... you cant build swordsmen and pikemen in the same game...
                              You're making assumptions based on screenshots and incomplete lists of units. I'd wait until I have more info before it's rating gets bumped down.

Comment

Originally posted by Viking Berserk
                                the reason why native north americans are not included is that they didnt have such an impact on the world history.

But the vikings did, so why arent they included?
                                And which tribe would you bump out of the game? And no, you cannot simply add another one. It must have been hard enough balancing the tribes they did include in the game. So, seriously, I honestly believe they have picked a damn good list. Sure, the Vikings could be included in there and so could a lot of other tribes but the question comes back to which tribe would you have cut instead?
                                About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Working...
                                X