Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

On a scale of 1-10, how much are you anticipating RoN?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• On a scale of 1-10, how much are you anticipating RoN?

I'll eat a banana.

Actually, I think that RoN might be a very good game... But I need more info about it before I can make any purchasing decision. So far, we have seen and read primarily things about the warfare aspects of the game.

I need to know more about the diplomatic options or the empire building aspects of RoN. I guess that, given the nature of the game, those are second-class information that will be made public (on previews, for instance) only when the release date gets closer.
    1- This game looks HORRIBLE. I'm definately not going to buy it.
    1.72%
    2- It looks pretty bad. I'm probably not going to buy it.
    1.72%
    3- Much worse than everything else coming out. Not gonna get it.
    0.00%
    4- It looks a little bad...I may or may not get it.
    1.72%
    5 - I really don't care about RoN.
    6.90%
    6 - It looks a little good. I might get it.
    12.07%
    7 - It looks great! :b: Definately [i]somewhere[/i] on my list of "to-buy"
    12.07%
    8 - Looks REALLY promising. Really high on my list.
    20.69%
    9 - Just a few minor things bad about it, definately at the top of my list!
    13.79%
    10 - :love::love::love: BHG is my new favorite company. RoN is awesome. I cant get enough hype. I'm going to pre-order it!
    24.14%
    Banana - I haven't decided yet.
    5.17%
    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

8 There's some stuff that I have concerns over (like the size of maps and length of games) but I'm definently getting it. The combat (air and land, not sure about sea) looks like it might be the best ever for a civ-like game.

Comment

Comment

This could be great but like all games I have some concerns. A solid 9.
        About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Hey, Paul, are you going to pre-order it too?
          I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

10 (averaging 7 through 10…using government math)

RoN isn’t the only game I’m anticipating, but, thanks to EE, I’ve never followed the development of a game so closely as I have RoN.

Explanation: I did enjoy playing EE for a while, but I didn’t find it a fulfilling game experience in the way I had hoped. EE provoked me to think about what I was really seeking in a real-time strategy game…and then BHG announced RoN. Perfect timing.
            Rohag's RoN & Etc. Pages

Comment

10 - This is by far the most anticipated game for next year of mine.

Comment

Any fruit including bananas

It really is early days - need more details before forming a reliable opinion. I'm generally fairly cautious anyway about new games although I do admire BR's CV.

Comment

I'll buy it to keep BR flush but I'll probably never take it out of the wrapper. Just hope BR comes back to TBS.

Comment

9.5 - 10.

RoN, to me, looks to be what Empire Earth *should* have been; and if I already love EE, RoN may actually be the first game I have ever pre-ordered.
                    Making the Civ-world a better place (and working up to King) one post at a time....

Comment

my only concern is that it will simply be a glorified AOE with a lot of 'hype'

Comment

8, but I'll say 10 if they implement all my ideas (and/or give me a cushy job)
                        ----
                        "I never let my schooling get in the way of my education" -Mark Twain

Comment

Originally posted by Tassadar5000

Me thinks that you haven't read any of the previews.
                          Actually I have: talk is cheep. Great games are rarely one's that look great in previews. Anyway RTS is RTS, fun for a month then boring as hell. I hope RoN proves me wrong, but I feel I'd just be setting myself up for disapointment if I believed that a RTS game will be more than a passing amusment.

P.S. I probably will get it... keep hope alive!

Comment

Originally posted by jimmytrick
                            I'll buy it to keep BR flush but I'll probably never take it out of the wrapper. Just hope BR comes back to TBS.
                            Jimmy, I respect the hope for BR to return to TBS, but if you buy the game you give him less incentive to do so. Well, unless you buy and send it unopened to their headquarters and say "see I am a paying customer but I won't play anything that isn't tbs." But even then they still have your money. Like I said, I respect what you want but I don't think what you are proposing will do much.
                            About 24,000 people die every day from hunger or hunger-related causes. With a simple click daily at the Hunger Site you can provide food for those who need it.

Comment

Tass,

There has been few if anyone that has posted as much on RoN here at Apolyton than I. I am eagerly anticipating the game. I was simply pointing out that for jimmy to buy the game hoping that BR returns to TBS is foolish. If they have your money they won't switch the game that they do.

And yes, I do respect a hope for BR to return to TBS, those are the games I grew up with and loved. So yes I understand the concern of a RTS game and prefer TBS. But I loved Gettysburg and some other RTS, so I am hopeful.

Comment

Working...
                              X