No announcement yet.

Yin was right. Take a look at Rise of Nations

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just thinking...but isn't SimGolf just a clone of other Sim things...and of course the Tycoon whatever. They're all basically the same, different various things your building, like a golf course or a roller coaster park, but still.

Anyway, the entire way at which BHG is going at RoN is different than AoK. They're talking about actually entire nations, with cities...not just one huge old city or whatever which was the basics behind AoK.
    ::is cool::

Comment

It's amaizing what the people can write by seeing only some SCREENS.

Was Call to Power I/II a great game?
      Signature: Optional signature you may use to appear at bottom of your posts

Comment

Different units are a good think. It makes it more realistic.

Right...
        In a realistic game USA would have tanks, Britain would have giant horse cabs, Germany would have AI-enhanced beer barrels, and Russia would have cyborg bears. Face it, in a realistic game, everyone would have equivalent units with slightly different stats.
        Blog | Civ2 Scenario League | leo.petr at gmail.com

Comment

I said its a matter of taste and it depends on your style of play...boar, deer, sheep and berries disappears in first 15 minutes of the game, those are just there to get you started, in last AoK:TC patch you can queue up to 40 farms so you're left dealing with 3 resources and you don't have to play with 200 pop and btw 40-50 villies is enough for a 200 pop game...
          I'm not saying Starcraft is pure crap, its good but its not THAT good
          sorry,but if your playing a half decent player in AoK you cannot do a 200 pop game with 50 villiagers. anything less then 100 and you lose...unless your talking about hun skirm\spear in fuedal...
          if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

*YAWN* yet another RTS.

RTS is a genre that is very limited, and no matter how you slice it, they all end up being pretty much the same (EU is the rare exception, and the RTS part of it is actually a weakness, not an asset).

I heard everyone crowing about how AoE was so revolutionary. It was the same things as WC and C&C, just slightly expanded and with a historical context. Then everyone said EE was so much better, so in-depth, blah blah blah. No, it was just boring and added 100 jillion units and buildings. Other than that, it was mindless.

In the end, RTS will just boil down to building a big army and sending it around to decimate everything in its path until you win.

God save us from RTS games!
            Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

strange how RTS is so much more popular than TBS if its so bad...maybe you just cant think quickly...and need 10 minutes to plan your moves
              if you want to stop terrorism; stop participating in it

''Oh,Commissar,if we could put the potatoes in one pile,they would reach the foot of God''.But,replied the commissar,''This is the Soviet Union.There is no God''.''Thats all right'' said the worker,''There are no potatoes''

Comment

RTS is so much more popular because of all of those kids growing up playing the arcadish console games. The new screenshots confirm that Imran was right, it looks exactly like AoE where you have to constantly engage in a click-fest to get hordes of characters engaging each other. That's not gaming, that's just superficial action-oriented eye-candy. I'm willing to take bets that the gameplay will be very similar to AoE and EE because of the limitations of combat-centric RTS designs.

Comment

Originally posted by Cataphract887
                  strange how RTS is so much more popular than TBS if its so bad...maybe you just cant think quickly...and need 10 minutes to plan your moves
                  Popularity is not indicative of quality, especially in this day and age. Look at what the highest grossing film of all time is.

Public sentiment is never a good guage of what is really good.
                  Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by Boris Godunov

Popularity is not indicative of quality, especially in this day and age. Look at what the highest grossing film of all time is.

Public sentiment is never a good guage of what is really good.
                    Now we are treading the dangerous regions of "personal taste"...

I personally don't like RTS. I tried to play AoE once, and it bored me to death. Click, click, click... When I tried to stop and think about what I was doing, I had to click and click and click again...

But I think that we cannot judge RoN yet; the game will be released only next year! So far, we have some indications that it will try to do things differently; the question is: will it be different enough? We'll have to wait and see.

Sure, Brian Reynolds and his team are aiming the younger audiences (the entire scope of human History in 1 hour?!) but it seems that the game will be customizable enough to allow for different gaming styles. As I said, wait and see.
                    I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Working...
                    X