What is new BHG game about, please?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What is new BHG game about, please?

If BHG has started on its first game, could we get some hints about what it is about?

Personally, I was thinking that maybe it could be a combination of AoE and civ. Sort of combine the best of both. For example, use a game engine very similar to AoE but have the great diplomacy of civ. Could such a combination work?

Another idea would be a Pirates! in space. The player would start with a small space ship in a region of space occupied by several alien races. The player could travel to exotic planets, recruit alien crewmembers, upgrade ship, attack, ally with alien factions, etc, seeking glory and wealth. That could be extremelly cool!

Of course, if BHG has come up with a more original ideal, all the better.

------------------
    No permanent enemies, no permanent friends.
    'There is a greater darkness than the one we fight. It is the darkness of the soul that has lost its way. The war we fight is not against powers and principalities, it is against chaos and despair. Greater than the death of flesh is the death of hope, the death of dreams. Against this peril we can never surrender. The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.'"
    G'Kar - from Babylon 5 episode "Z'ha'dum"

quote:

Originally posted by The diplomat on 03-14-2001 10:50 AM
    If BHG has started on its first game, could we get some hints about what it is about?

Personally, I was thinking that maybe it could be a combination of AoE and civ.

LOTM - Like, er, uhm, empire earth, soon to be released?

Sort of combine the best of both. For example, use a game engine very similar to AoE but have the great diplomacy of civ.

LOTM - Well since ensemble studios, creator of AOE engine is still working with Microsoft, BHG's publisher, i kinda doubt it. MS doesnt want to cannibalize their own series - and as others have said, reynolds probably wants to be more original.

Could such a combination work?

Another idea would be a Pirates! in space. The player would start with a small space ship in a region of space occupied by several alien races. The player could travel to exotic planets, recruit alien crewmembers, upgrade ship, attack, ally with alien factions, etc, seeking glory and wealth. That could be extremelly cool!

Of course, if BHG has come up with a more original ideal, all the better.

LOTM - i havent the foggiest

"A person cannot approach the divine by reaching beyond the human. To become human, is what this individual person, has been created for.” Martin Buber

Comment

Working...
    X