Do you want a Rise of Nations 2?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Do you want a Rise of Nations 2?

Hi im new to Apolyton. I have rise of nations and the Thrones & Patriots. I was just wondering, if the Apolyton people want a 2nd RoN, I know i do! If so what do you want to be added or took away. Tell me your ideas thank you.
    YES!!!!!!!!!!
    84.62%
    NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
    15.38%
    Visit www.gogf.tk

The thing about Rise of Nations is that it is - in a way - complete.

There is nothing much more to add until it starts to become another Civilization game.

Rise of Nations, as it stands now with Thrones and Patriots is already pretty much perfected.

If you wanted to add more depth to it, you'd have to make it a TBS, otherwise it'll get to be a bit too much for the player, yknow... micro management and also.. speed management.

So by making it a TBS and deeper, you have effectively created CivIV.
    be free

Comment

No, not enough time on the first one yet.
      "What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
      I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
      --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

Well... I do want a RoN2, but not for some time that is... They shouldn't start making RoN2 for at least a year, because I just want them to start making one more addon to this game, with a few more wonders* and nations

* and implement my wonder idea I have talked about several times
        This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Perhaps one more expansion pack rather than a RON2? I agree that the game seems perfect as it is.
          i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

I think they have a lot of options for a sequel. One is that they could restrict the range of ages to a particular era, like WWII. The upgrades would be more incremental, but you could have scenarios that were more historically accurate. Not sure how well that would sell though, since there quite a few of these types of games coming out now, but I think that would be cool.

They could integrate the CTW part of it a lot better. If you build a base in a territory, then you shouldn't have to rebuild it every time you fight in that territory. But then if you wanted to attack an enemy territory, you'd have to zoom into one of your territories and build an invading army with no enemies on the board, otherwise it would be impossible to conquer anything. You could zoom back out to the world map, and send this new army into the target territory. I think it would be cool if the CTW part of it happened entirely in real time, so you would have to fight multiple battles at once. That would be a riot! You'd probably go insane or something. There would probably have to be some AI to help you control your units and production within a scenario.

They could do a (medieval) fantasy or science fiction version, a la Total Annihilation. I think that would be cool.

I would like to see a game like this with a more detailed tech tree with infinite upgrading. Like, if your opponent has some +1 upgrade on their ranged weapons, you could research +1 pierce-proofing on your armor or something. The upgrade cost could increase exponentially for each incremental improvement, so the only upper limit for upgrading would be based on your economy. I often wonder how well that would work in practice.

I think the way they did the tech tree is elegant and it works great for the game, but it's so artificial. Realism probably wouldn't improve the game at all anyway, I just wonder how it would play.

Comment

I think they have a lot of options for a sequel. One is that they could restrict the range of ages to a particular era, like WWII

No! This is among the reasons why this is the 2nd best RTS game avaliable; it doesn't stick to one age...

I would like to see a game like this with a more detailed tech tree with infinite upgrading. Like, if your opponent has some +1 upgrade on their ranged weapons, you could research +1 pierce-proofing on your armor or something. The upgrade cost could increase exponentially for each incremental improvement, so the only upper limit for upgrading would be based on your economy. I often wonder how well that would work in practice.

I would be interested in seing this implented, somcehow...

Comment

No sequel please. I want to see a new, original game from BHG next. Hopefully a TBS.
                Voluntary Human Extinction Movement http://www.vhemt.org/

Comment

I doubt they'll make a TBS (But I hope I'm mistaking)
                  And I doubt they'll make a sequel to this game now... maybe their next game will be the sequel, but I guess we should wait at least 5 years before we'll see one...

Comment

I think they should make a side-scroller where you start off as a caveman and power up to an Assault Marine.

Comment

Originally posted by Sn00py
                      The thing about Rise of Nations is that it is - in a way - complete.

There is nothing much more to add until it starts to become another Civilization game.

Rise of Nations, as it stands now with Thrones and Patriots is already pretty much perfected.

If you wanted to add more depth to it, you'd have to make it a TBS, otherwise it'll get to be a bit too much for the player, yknow... micro management and also.. speed management.

So by making it a TBS and deeper, you have effectively created CivIV.
                      Now there's a thought!!!

Comment

I'd like for BHG to move on to their next game, other than RoN. I'm curious as to what direction they'll go, staying w/ the strategy genre (I hope) or one of the others. Maybe they could get the rights to SMAC/x. :wishfull thinking:

"What did you learn in school today, dear little boy of mine?
                        I learned our government must be strong. It's always right and never wrong,.....that's what I learned in school."
                        --- Tom Paxton song ('63)

Comment

IIRC they bought the license to some special graphics-kinda thing... can't remember what it was, but it didn't sound like something they could use for Ron2

Comment

I get so caught up in playing RON,RON:T & P and then switching back to Dawn of the Modern World, all very similiar to me and all well worth the dough-ree-me plucked down, BUT I agree, I dont think there is much left for a RON2

Peace

Grandpa "Gaming" Troll
                            Hi, I'm RAH and I'm a Benaholic.-rah

Comment

I am always looking for new games-- I just hope they wouldn't do a goofy and bad sequel as they did in CIV3
                              You don't get to 300 losses without being a pretty exceptional goaltender.-- Ben Kenobi speaking of Roberto Luongo

Comment

Working...
                              X