A TRUE Civ/Strategy game....???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What about diplomacy?

Any word on changes for T&P regarding diplomacy?
    RON has a very good AI as good as Age of Empires.

But feel that more feed back from diplomacy would make the game more fun.
    Something like Call to Power 2 that lets you check regard level of each nation towards you.
    They could even use a color code.Would be beter than just war or peace

Comment

A friend loaned Medieval Total War to me and I was really impressed with the UI, easy learning curve, and game play.

The big downer came (two actually) when I started my 2nd game: the realization that diplomacy was sorely lacking and the fact that the different regions always had the same resource/trade good mix. The lack of a changing map basically meant following the same kind of strategy for a particular faction. Yeah, I could pursue a different road, but a real, game-motivating purpose to do so was lacking. It's the same problem I ran into with Europa Universalis.

Hopefully, Rome Total War will deal with these issues.

Comment

Originally posted by Panzeh
        I really think Generals is more like what army you bring more than how you use it.
        WRONG, its both, if you bring a good mix of units but tell them all to attack one thing, they wont be half as useful! the artillery might strike ur own tanks at that point, u have to be careful. I really think generals is that game where you micromanage every tactic

Comment

I think the civ with the BEST AI in almost all directions was Civ: CTP2!
          CTP1 was also nice, but CTP2 was brilliant! as was its diplomacy. I think you should be able to set your regard to other nations!
          and as i mentioned on other occcasions: please make the AI human like and have some level of DESCENCY and a LITTLE respect even for the weak nations! its not a school with bullies fighting for lunch! its the WORLD where ppl r supposed to die fighting! come on! make tougher laws on war! why do AI players in civ 3 move through my territory with their settlers no matter how easily i can take out not just their settler! but the whole nation as wel?

Comment

Working...
          X