To RoN team: Ideas for new units/improvements in a RoN expansion

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• To RoN team: Ideas for new units/improvements in a RoN expansion

First of all, the game has stability issues in winXP, even after the patch was installed.
    New units suggested:
    Air:
    1)Tu-95 Bomber (For Russia-they can't fly B-52s, for God's sake!)
    2)Airborne Artillery (Tu-22s, B-52s with missiles-strong against defenses, firing range slightly longer than the SAM sites, more expensive than the normal bomber, with a slightly shorter flight time-this plane would force the enemies to build more fighters)
    3)Nuclear or chemical bombers (Far more expensive than the average bomber, with the same range and speed, and of course 1 nuke per plane)
    4)Air refuelling aircraft (reduce the bombers' flight range, and add these planes, Ibelieve they'll make the game harder-people will have to think more of the way they attack, defend or even build their units)
    5)WW1 bomber (why weren't they included?)
    Sea:
    1)WW2 style carriers for the modern age
    2)Ballistic subs (nuclear and normal missiles-of course with the right price)

Improvements suggested:
    1)Try to give to each nation some units that correspond to their real armies (for example MiG-21s or MiG-29s for China and Korea)
    2)Increase the population limit a little more (max 300 + 50 with the Colossus)
    3)Improve the way the bombers turn, as well as their speed
    4)Add power plants-how do these SAMs work? with petroleum? Also, a power bar like the one in CnC: Generals would be useful (but in order to avoid making the game more complicated, the PPs would produce enough energy to support a Major City with all the Civ buildings around it).
    5)If possible, improve the textures a little, as everything looks a little cartoonish

I've finished my little wishlist. If anyone in the RoN team reads that message, please try to include some of these features in the game. Also, don't add the USA as a nation (I don't have anything against them, it just isn't historically correct).
    It's a complete list of missing features.
    14.29%
    It can improve the game, but not enough to make it perfect...
    33.33%
    The game is just fine without them.
    19.05%
    This guy is crazy!!!
    33.33%

1) Give the Russians the other design of bomber, the Tu-26 style one.
    2) We already have cruise missiles for that.
    3) Same awnser as #2.
    4) Impossible to micromanage, bombers have good range neway.
    5) I do agree Zepplins are needed.
    6) There should be a "Carrier" unit for VII and "Supercarrier" for VIII (Carriers come loaded with Fighter-Bombers, when you upgrade to Supercarriers they become Jet Fighter-Bombers).
    7) Subs should have some sort of mobile missile silo ability.

1) China and Korea have plenty of UUs. We cant go through the WHOLE modern world and give the US F-15/16/14/18/22/24s, Britian Typhoons and Harriers, Russia Flucrems and Flankers, China... etc... Norway Gripens/Viggens, France Etards. It's just not gonna make sense.
    2) Perhaps on larger maps.
    3) Bombers arent fighters...
    4) Maybe, but sounds a little to radical for an XP.
    5) I like it that way. >

And BTW YES TO THE AMERICANS!
    "War does not determine who is right, it determines who is left."

Comment

While I'd love a higher population limit, I'm thinking that the game would come to a standstill if it was increased. (FPS-wise, I mean) Maybe if the team can make the game a little more forgiving on PC hardware, pop cap could be increased without much of an effect.

I agree on the Zeppelins, but refueling planes, nuke bombers, and airborne artillery would complicate the game unnecessarily, IMO. Not to mention making it more difficult on the AI.

Personally, the only things I want to see in an upcoming patch/expansion are these:

-New Civs
      -Some tweaks/additions to CTW (nothing too major)
      -Improved FPS
      -BETTER PATHFINDING FOR UNITS!!! (this is easily my biggest gripe about the game now)

Comment

Need walls it can play a huge strat role. A special citizen only one allowed per city where he will repair and build any destroyed struture that previously excited in the city. Transport planes for sneaky tactics.

Comment

I think paratroopers would be a cool addition to the game. They'd be about as good as light infantry in combat, but would be able to paradrop, if they are garrisonned in an airbase, and are told to go somewhere. The air transport would be automatic, much like the sea transport currently is.

Actually, I think it would be cool to have all units 'paradroppable' if you give them orders while they're garrisoned in airbases, but that may be overpowering, especially when someone has world government and paradrops over an enemy capital.
          "I have been reading up on the universe and have come to the conclusion that the universe is a good thing." -- Dissident
          "I never had the need to have a boner." -- Dissident
          "I have never cut off my penis when I was upset over a girl." -- Dis

Comment

When I say improve the way the bombers move, I mean exactly that, they move like fighters, make them slower and make them turn less tightly.

Nuclear bombers would be a good addition to the game, because they would be cheaper than ICBMs (with shorter range as well), and the ICBMs' price would be raised to make it more realistic. The same goes for chemical weapons.

WW1 bombers such as Zeppelins or Gotha/Handley Page bombers would be a nice addition.

When I say units corresponding to the armies I didn't mean what you thought. To make it simpler:
            -NATO countries: Tornados or F-16s, like already done
            -Russia, China, Korea etc-MiG-29s (as done) or MiG-21s
            Are these too many?

Airborne arty practically gives the conventional missiles an unlimited range, while making the game more difficult for both, attacker (he has to protect his plane, which is more vulnerable than the silos) and defender (nearly unlimited weapon range (you know, the bomber's range+the missile range), great damage)

About the carriers- In modern age, you could replace the Nimitz-style model with a WW2 carrier model like Essex, that's all.

I love the paratrooper idea! C-47s, Ju-52s, and C-130s would be some good planes for that job.

That's all (at last)...

Comment

I have a simple request:

When you select a unit-producing building that has a rally point to a military group, I would appreciate what group it is rallying to in the info area (bottom right). There is plenty of room for it.

Comment

having pop limits scale based upon map size would be good

Jon Miller
                Jon Miller-
                I AM.CANADIAN
                GENERATION 35: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

Comment

Worker should not be counted against the pop limit when inside the building.

Comment

I think more art varation in the modern ages would be good- sort of like the unit things for diffrent countries like sirripper was talking about- like each art type (Asian, African, European, American) unit's would still look diffrent in the modern age as well as they're fortresses, planes, and buildings

Comment

Trains!

They never have trains in any of the RTS games! They could be used to shuttle troops to the front lines very quickly and you could bomb them and stuff...
                      Dom Pedro II - 2nd and last Emperor of the Empire of Brazil (1831 - 1889).

I truly believe that America is the world's second chance. I only hope we get a third...

Comment

My thoughts on some of the things mentioned, plus some ideas for Conquer the World:

1) I'd love to see some kind of chemical weapons, i.e. mustard gas. What would also be interesting would be more modern chem/bio weapons like anthrax, and such, and with them some sort of rogue nation option that would bring nuclear embargo-esque penalties.
                        2) Definitely Zeppelins!
                        3) Maybe the paratroopers could be Commando-line units sent to airbases to change over. Or something like that.
                        4) In terms of new civs, I'd like to see Portugese, Iroquoi League, Mughals or other Indian, Arabs, and Hebrews, who would eventually become the Israelis.
                        5) As a corollary to #4, more regions on the Conquer the World map.

CONQUER THE WORLD IDEAS:

- things like uprisings and religious movements resulting in the splitting of territories and the creation of new nations. Example: A Shi'ite or Sunni uprising might strike the Arab player, resulting in a second, rival Arab player.
                        - Liberation of conquered nations. For example if you were to conquer the France territory from the Germans, you could choose to free the French, perhaps demanding tribute.
                        - Fracturing of nations as a result of conquering. i.e. when a national capital is taken, far away territories from the conquered nation might not fall, or might become unclaimed again. Maybe there would be upgrades to your empire that you could make, such as railroads, power grids, canals, etc. that would help you control a large amount of territory, resulting in minimum breakage when you conquered poeple. In one game I won control of Japan by conquering South Africa... I think it would make more sense if the Bantu held onto it or if the Japanese took the opportunity to rebel and rise again...
                        - The ability to transport far away, i.e cross the ocean over several turns like in Civilization.
                        - The ability to move through Allied territory.
                        - International religious politics, and changeable official religion (or none, if you set it to that). Maybe in the Medieval age if you were a Catholic country you might get asked to join a crusade. Overseas transport and liberation of fallen nations would come into play here.
                        - The ability to sponsor uprisings in other countries.
                        - Scenarios where you have to put down uprisings in your own rebelling cities. This could take advantage of the different types of battles (tactics, barbarians at the gates, etc.). The same old conquering gets a bit old uninterrupted.
                        - Political Assassination-type missions in information age (start off with helicopters, soldiers, *transport helicopters* that someone else proposed, goal being to attack a city and kill the leader when he/she runs away. This would have some effect on the world map, maybe would stop an uprising.
                        - And finally, some way to have an ultimate goal other than world domination. It's sort of the point of the whole thing, but maybe later on there would be other ways to win, like building big communal works, space station, curing cancer, whatever. I think it would be nice to have more ways to customize the turn-based nation, by allotting funds to different things. Maybe there would be a U.N.-type organization...

That is all.

El Hechicero

Comment

hi ,

vote ; " its a complete list of missing things " , .....

if they would include 50% of the ideas RON would be looked at and played more , .......

have a nice day
                          - RES NON VERBA - DE OPRESSO LIBER - VERITAS ET LIBERTAS - O TOLMON NIKA - SINE PARI - VIGLIA PRETIUM LIBERTAS - SI VIS PACEM , PARA BELLUM -
                          - LEGIO PATRIA NOSTRA - one shot , one kill - freedom exists only in a book - everything you always wanted to know about special forces - everything you always wanted to know about Israel - what Dabur does in his free time , ... - in french - “Become an anti-Semitic teacher for 5 Euro only.”
                          WHY DOES ISRAEL NEED A SECURITY FENCE --- join in an exceptional demo game > join here forum is now open ! - the new civ Conquest screenshots > go see them UPDATED 07.11.2003 ISRAEL > crisis or challenge ?

Comment

Working...
                          X