Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What's your favourite way to win?

Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you people out there have a favourite way to win.

I just had another game against 4 other computer players, on easy (u know those days that u only want to have an easy run, good old fashioned one sided battles) and well i was chugging along fine and then just started my wars of conquest when i realise my ally had built one to many wonders and sent us over the edge. Unfortunate too seen as i was experimenting with different ways to conduct wars that being ICBMs followed by some ground troops (i tell u this makes it relatively easy to take a city), oh and cruise missles are fun too as well as reasonably cheap

So yeah, what is your favourite ways of winning a game of Rise of Nations?
    Conquest
    72.00%
    Territory
    8.00%
    Wonder
    4.00%
    Don't have one
    16.00%

Conquest! I don't feel satisfied unless I have pretty much wiped my enemies off the face of the map.
    Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

80% territory. By then, I feel that I have won, and the endgame can get a bit tedious for me (just a personal opinion, I know many people like to mop up fully!).

Comment

I usually play using the 80% territory + conquest victory conditions. Much as GodSpawn does, I feel that if I control 80% of the map, I'm pretty much the victor anyway.

Comment

No way! All or nothing! The last square inch will be mine.

Comment

I'm not picky...... I do whatever is quickest-I usually find it very hard to win with wonders though.

Comment

Conquest
              "Perhaps a new spirit is rising among us. If it is, let us trace its movements and pray that our own inner being may be sensitive to its guidance, for we are deeply in need of a new way beyond the darkness that seems so close around us." --MLK Jr.

Comment

I use conquest, but capitol victory.

I don't feel that I've won unless I have taken my enemy's chief city in battle, yet afterwards the "mop-up" can be very tedious. Plus, once everyone has huge resource stockpiles and Aritificial Intelligence and the Armageddon clock is down to 1, it can take a very long time for the game to end even if your opponent only has 1 city left.

Comment

My favorite way to win is when my opponent in multiplayer pulls the plug. That way I KNOW I have totally crushed them.
                  _/\ C
                  Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

i usually play conquest with capital elimination.

i defend myself but build build build, until i'm at information age and they're a bit behind... i construct a huge military, and then go straight for the capital, occasionally hitting some cities on the way.
                    B♭3

Comment

Conquest

capital elimination is the sh1t!!

I usually make a mad rush to the capital and then defend it from the enemy as it tries to take it back.
                      To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

oops, I forgot... I try to play conquest, but usually end up winning with territory.
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Working...
                        X