Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sava
    replied
    oops, I forgot... I try to play conquest, but usually end up winning with territory.

Leave a comment:

• Sava
    replied
    Conquest

capital elimination is the sh1t!!

I usually make a mad rush to the capital and then defend it from the enemy as it tries to take it back.

Leave a comment:

• Q Classic
    replied
    i usually play conquest with capital elimination.

i defend myself but build build build, until i'm at information age and they're a bit behind... i construct a huge military, and then go straight for the capital, occasionally hitting some cities on the way.

Leave a comment:

• Carch
    replied
    My favorite way to win is when my opponent in multiplayer pulls the plug. That way I KNOW I have totally crushed them.

Leave a comment:

• Caesar Saladus
    replied
    I use conquest, but capitol victory.

I don't feel that I've won unless I have taken my enemy's chief city in battle, yet afterwards the "mop-up" can be very tedious. Plus, once everyone has huge resource stockpiles and Aritificial Intelligence and the Armageddon clock is down to 1, it can take a very long time for the game to end even if your opponent only has 1 city left.

Leave a comment:

• Jac de Molay
    replied
    Conquest

Leave a comment:

• Vesayen
    replied
    I'm not picky...... I do whatever is quickest-I usually find it very hard to win with wonders though.

Leave a comment:

• Prothero
    replied
    No way! All or nothing! The last square inch will be mine.

Leave a comment:

• Calanor
    replied
    I usually play using the 80% territory + conquest victory conditions. Much as GodSpawn does, I feel that if I control 80% of the map, I'm pretty much the victor anyway.

Leave a comment:

• GodSpawn
    replied
    80% territory. By then, I feel that I have won, and the endgame can get a bit tedious for me (just a personal opinion, I know many people like to mop up fully!).

Leave a comment:

• niDe
    replied
    Conquest! I don't feel satisfied unless I have pretty much wiped my enemies off the face of the map.

Leave a comment:

• Flip McWho
    started a poll What's your favourite way to win?

What's your favourite way to win?

Conquest
    72.00%
    Territory
    8.00%
    Wonder
    4.00%
    Don't have one
    16.00%
    Hey all,

Just wondering if any of you people out there have a favourite way to win.

I just had another game against 4 other computer players, on easy (u know those days that u only want to have an easy run, good old fashioned one sided battles) and well i was chugging along fine and then just started my wars of conquest when i realise my ally had built one to many wonders and sent us over the edge. Unfortunate too seen as i was experimenting with different ways to conduct wars that being ICBMs followed by some ground troops (i tell u this makes it relatively easy to take a city), oh and cruise missles are fun too as well as reasonably cheap

So yeah, what is your favourite ways of winning a game of Rise of Nations?
Working...
X