Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Units & Sound

Hey guys,

What I would like to do is play some kinda sound or whatever during a battle and such, or a cutscene when two units meet up or some trigger happens.

My question is,

Is there a way to make the units stop fighting unit the sounds or people speaking are finished?

I have been looking at the scripting editor for sometime now and I haven't been able to come up with the combo that would make that work.

To tell you the truth I do not even know if it is possible.

I thought this command

field_battle_disabled()

would have done it. I am either not using it properly or that is the wrong command I am looking for.

So if anybody can help me that would be great!

Thanks
    "There is nothing better then a heart of a Lion"

www.platinum-host.net
    "For all your hosting needs"

Do you want the SOUNDS of the fighting to stop, or the fighting itself? I think if you wanted two armies to stop fighting you could script a change in the diplomatic stance. Make them at peace until your cutscene is finished, and then go back to war.
    Or, is there a way to use a script to pause the game? You could just freeze the action during the cutscene.
    You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Hmmmm making everybody at peace may work.

But with the mod I am making that may hurt the game even more so I am not sure.

Plus sometimes I rather just have things stop rather than have units still be produced and what not.

Plus wouldn't that end the game?

lol
      "There is nothing better then a heart of a Lion"

www.platinum-host.net
      "For all your hosting needs"

Comment

Working...
      X