X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NOTE to PEOPLE WITH TECH ISSUES

NOTE TO ALL PLAYERS WHO ARE HAVING ISSUES:
    It might be a good idea to start a new thread about your problem (if you have questions about how to find the information below, post here).

There is no way we can help you when you don't include the specs of your computer. Saying "The graphics for the X's look bad" doesn't help a ton.

Please try to work some or all of this information into your post:
    CPU: Exampletron 2.7ghz
    RAM: Ex Brand 128mb
    Motherboard: EXUS A7NEX deluxe
    Graphics Card: ATI Example 9800 Pro 256mb
    Graphics Card Drivers: ATIexample1.2.03
    Sound Card: Example Beach 4.1 titanium
    Patch Version: 1.0.1
    Screen Shot: Attach it to the post

Please include the exact error message that the game gives you (if there is one). "Some message" is not a valid error.

Also:
    UPGRADE YOUR DRIVERS- it's probably the first thing we'll suggest.
    And remember, except for the cool folks at BHG, we won't be able to fix everything. Patch 3 fixes many common problems, download it from riseofnations.com or by clicking 'check for updates' in RON.

Where is this Information?
    The CPU and RAM information should be under Start - control panel - system - general tab.

The motherboard information is not always necessary, but it's not harmful to include it. If you don't know your motherboard info, the best way to find out is to pop your case*.

Graphics Card: Start - control panel - display - settings tab. The device should be the one selected by the pull-down menu labeled 'display'

Grahics card drivers: Start - control panel - system - hardware tab - device manager button - display adapters. Select and right click the display adapter and properties. Driver information is under the driver tab.

Sound Card: Start - control panel - sound (and audio device properties) - audio. It should be the selected playback device.

Screen Shots: While in-game, hit ctrl and print screen to copy the screen to the clipboard. Quit the game and open a picture editing program like paint or photoshop. Paste the picture in and save it. To attach it to a post, press the new thread button. Two tables below the smilies box is a field labled "attach". Click the browse button and choose the file you want to add.

* Please be careful whenever opening your computer. There are numerous guides availiable, try a google search.
    Last edited by MattH; November 26, 2003, 21:34.
    cIV list: cheats
    Now watch this drive!

For us computer illiterates where do i look for some of this information. ie the motherboard and card info
    Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Oops, forgot to include that.
      [edit] and after 30 min, I finally got the colors right!
      Last edited by MattH; June 11, 2003, 17:13.
      Now watch this drive!

Comment

Good post. I'd always wondered where to find some of that system info.

the best way to find out is to pop your case*.

I assume you meant the asterisk in this sentence to point to some kind of disclaimer saying "Do this at your own risk. Be careful and try not too poke around too much in there" or something similar. I'm not seeing such a thing in the post.
        Is that a mistake, or have I got the wrong end of the stick here?

Also, how about adding a line that says "If you are having a graphics problem please try and take a screenshot of the error. You can take a screenshot by ....."
        I think this would be useful. But hey, it's your thread - you do whatever you want with it.

Isn't there a hotkey for taking a screenshot (besides using PrntScrn and Photoshop). I could have sworn somebody mentioned one ... it should be in a thread around here someplace. Sorry : bad memory.
        If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

ok. i'm getting this error message

Video Card is not supported.

I have a 1.3Ghz Athalon
          224 mb ram
          S3 Graphics Pro Savage DDR
          VIA AC'97Audio Wave

So if my video card is not supported does that mean i'll have to pay money to get the game to run? I only got this computer three days ago,i'd kind of expect it to run the game.

Comment

Makeo: Other people have had issues with S3G's. Do you know if yours supports directx 9 or has more than 8 mb. of ram?

Frustrated: Sorry, I couldn't find that key . But I did add the info, thanks!

p.s: Sorry if you witnessed this thread when the colors were changing, I hope they're ok now.
            Last edited by MattH; June 11, 2003, 18:56.
            Now watch this drive!

Comment

yep lots of ram. dunno about directx9. i downloaded it and that didn't help so maybe it doesn't support it

Comment

I know this may sound cruel but before you buy anything you really should find some information about it.

I spent 2 weeks digging up articles and reviews prior to buying my Pioneer DV-525 AUD200 (around USD120) DVD players. I know what my PC is capable of since I picked all the components, except the case, FDD, and cables.

Nowadays games are resources hungry. Minimum requirements are what needed to run the game. As long as it runs, no matter how poorly.

Nobody is computer illiterate. The information is all there. Just waiting for you to find and read them. I'm no computer guru. If I can, then so can you.

Forgive my rants.

Comment

now where is my up yours emoticon

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                    Right next to the "If you'd asked us first we'd have told you it was a mistake" emoticon.
                    If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by MattH
                      Makeo: Other people have had issues with S3G's. Do you know if yours supports directx 9 or has more than 8 mb. of ram?

Frustrated: Sorry, I couldn't find that key . But I did add the info, thanks!

p.s: Sorry if you witnessed this thread when the colors were changing, I hope they're ok now.
                      mine has 32mb ram

Comment

Originally posted by azalae

Nobody is computer illiterate. The information is all there. Just waiting for you to find and read them. I'm no computer guru. If I can, then so can you.

Forgive my rants.
                        I'm just arguing for the sake of arguing.

If I'm illiterate in the literal sense it means I can't read. All the information may be all there in the book, but if i can't read then I still can't access that information. So all the information may be there but if i don't know how to access or understand that information the fact that it is there doesn't help me much.

Comment

to get cpu, ram, and OS, all you need to do is rightclick on "My Computer", and select "Properties".
                          B♭3

Comment

Has BHG made ANY progress in figuring out the 5-30 min freeze/lockup bug ? When do you folks plan on addressing that problem ?

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo
                              *sigh* I was only trying to help.

Comment

Working...
                              X