No announcement yet.

Benefits of Multiple Markets

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I always build as many markets as posible because i always get colossus, so i need the extra weatlh income to make it worthwhile :P
    "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
    - UberKruX

Comment

Reasons for making multiple markets:

Increase trade route wealth
      +35 Wealth bonus on building completion
      +10 wealth per 30 sec

Reason not to:

Costs extra resources

You decide. Me, I make markets in every town, particularly early on, when wealth is hard to get. Wood is easy to get.
      Out4Blood's Rise of Nation Strategy Blog

Comment

Same here. I usually go for 3 to 4 market per map to up the size of citys.

Comment

My philosophy is that turning static resources into increased economy is worthwhile.

A market costs a fixed amount, but returns 35 w and +10 w, and adds +2 w (?) to caravans, potentially being even more as more caravans are added and as you advance through the ages.

In 5 mintues time, that measly little market has returned at least 150 w all by itself. I call that a good bargain.

Comment

I don't think that you get 35 wealth immediately from building a market; you do get wealth from building temples.

Comment

if i remember right, you get wealth immediately after building a market or a temple, and knowledge immediately after building a university.
              B♭3

Comment

That is correct - resource buildings give completion bonuses. For the market it's 35 W. For the temple it's 25 W

Comment

The temple is not a resource building. I am pretty sure that the Market does not give a completion bonus, but I will have to check to make sure.

Comment

I tested it. Markets and Temples give a 30 wealth completion bonus. For Germans its 45.

Comment

"I am pretty sure that the Market does not give a completion bonus, but I will have to check to make sure."

When you check, you'll find out how wrong you are :-)

Comment

The first thing I do after founding a new city is create a market, temple, and university. It would be a waste not to.

Can you build multiple markets in the same city and still get the +10 or whatever it is after upgrades?
                        To us, it is the BEAST.

Comment

Originally posted by Sava
                          Can you build multiple markets in the same city ...?
                          NO

Comment

the only things you can build so that there are more than one per city are the ones not specifically tied to a city: ie, the military buildings, and the resource gathering buildings.
                            B♭3

Comment

Research is directly proportional to gold for the first third of the game. Anything that can boost that is worthwhile.

Comment

if your worried about wealth in the early ages then go get a huge stockpile of timber or food, and just sell it for more wealth.

Like if you get a good timber start in a game then sell it. Not all at once though, you will just be wasting your timber. Just get as much wealth as you need by selling your timber, wait for the amount of weath you get to rise up again and then sell. If you repeat that until you get a couple more citys and routes, then you shouldnt really have a problem with wealth in the early ages.

Comment

Working...
                                X