Help me disable evil techs!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Help me disable evil techs!!!

Nope, the most evil tech is Global Prosperity (Read other thread why)

Why are those techs evil?
    This space is empty... or is it?

No, the most evil devices are nuclear weapons. Without them, you wouldn't even NEED the missile shield!

(I'm SCARED of nucs! I make it a point to get the game over before any are launched ... haven't even SEEN one yet, but I'm just playing on moderate ... and also still playing some civ3.)

Comment

Nukes are really only terrifying in the short-term, long-tem it'd be better to have bombers or a carrier. Rebuilding after a nuke: Easy. Rebuilding after bombing raid while more raids are being launched: Not so easy. Though I will admit a nuke is better for a quick city capture. The thing making them so powerful right now is that they can cause armageddon so easily.
      "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

Sure nukes are better for instant capture, but consider this. Was playing against Tougher AI today, and it got into modern with him at a slight advantage. The AI decided to have some fun, and proceeded to nuke the heck out of my cities, and then immediately following with a huge invasion force. While I was struggling to rebuild and fend off his attack, I noticed that the bastard is getting territory counter. Now, talk about slow thinking. By the time I decided to trigger Armageddon, it was too late. Built three silos and ordered a nuke at each. OK, two launched, third building, counter at 1. And the damn AI gets territory victory about 6-7 seconds before I can finish my last nuke!
        Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
        I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Tassadar5000:

I see you decided to buy RoN instead of GalCiv. Both are good games and you can have fun with both. Good luck!
          signature not visible until patch comes out.

Comment

Nukes suck. In this game, they're toothless. They're more like the US MOAB than a nuclear weapon. Nukes should have long term damaging effects. You should not, for example, be able to waltz into a city you just nuked.

There's nothing "fun" about nuclear war. Sure, the graphical effects are nice, but players (and the AI) should be thinking twice or three times before building and launching weapons of mass destruction.
            _/\ C
            Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

It would be kinda cool if there was a attrition-like constant damage affect left for 2-5 mins after a nuke that hurt friendly/foe alike.
              "Every good communist should know political power grows out of the barrel of a gun." - Mao tse-Tung

Comment

That's a darn good idea, chaotik.

Comment

Wow, that idea rocks!

Comment

I agree...that is a good idea....there really should be something more than just the "international embargo" after a Nuke launch...but i do like that idea too....

Comment

Open up techrules.xml from your ron/data directory and edit in notepad. Search for the techs(They have the same label in the file) and change the PREQ0 for each tech to "disable" without the quotes.. So it should look like disable I haven't had a chance to test that(no end game saves around) but you can disable units or wonders that way, no reason for it not work with techs. You might change any further PREQs on the list to none since the end game techs require two usually, just to be safe.

The usual bit of backing up your files applys, mod support is supposed to be coming in a patch though.

Comment

Fear my nukes!

Comment

Working...
                        X