Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

I'm 30, but feel like a kid again with RoN...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just delegate.
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

I'm trying, I'm trying. I've somehow recently developed the nickname "turnstile." Is that a problem?

Comment

Not if it refers to your love life.
        Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

35 here
          Are you down with ODV?

Comment

That's not it-- I have walls and a door. The problem is that I always have things that need to be done, preferably yesterday. The documents in my in box won't throw themselves away.

Stupid time-hogging job.

Go on a strike, claiming the workpressure is killing you, start doing loads of overtime.."I don't can't get my work done "
            Is God willing to prevent evil, but not able? Then he is not omnipotent. Is he able, but not willing? Then he is malevolent. Is he both able and willing? Then whence cometh evil? Is he neither able nor willing?
            Then why call him God? - Epicurus

Comment

30 and at work. (shocking, ain't it)

Just thought I'd chime in because this is my first post at Apolyton since the Civ III "fiasco." (I was expecting the brilliant SMAC interface with historical units... silly me)

But, even though I generally prefer TBS over RTS games, Brian's name (along with a few glowing reviews) convinced me to pick up Rise of Nations. I've only given it 1 solid day of play, but to say I'm impressed is an understatement.

For me, the single most important thing about a game is the interface, and this one is rock solid. Also, in an age where most newly released games are unplayable on all but the most ninjae of machines, RoN glides along with nary a hiccup. And I haven't even tried out online play yet. Great game all around.

I expect most RTS games in the future to build (rip?) off what BHG have done here. RTS games have been in desperate need of an overhaul, and it looks like someone finally did it right.

Comment

Originally posted by Finarfin

I'm 35 and posting from work. Why post from home when you can be playing RoN? Hmmm, now there's an idea -- install it on my work system....
                I tried that but the game used to much of the networks resources.
                Hold my girlfriend while I kiss your skis.

Comment

Originally posted by Makeo

I tried that but the game used to much of the networks resources.
                  Even playing single player from a local CD drive?

Comment

Count me in as well. 30 years and posting from work.

RoN just seems to have something that makes me to start a new game almost every day and that "just-one-more-turn" syndroma that keeps me infront of the computer until the game ends.
                    Last edited by Jeje2; June 10, 2003, 07:41.

Comment

32 and thinking if i could just get those pesky 6 numbers for about 6 million then I could get out of this job.

Better yet let me win that mil from pepsi and then go on to win the billion
                      He knows changes are not permanent, but change is!

Comment

29 here, also from work.

I played sunday for 13 hours. Finished a moderate CtW campain with the French.

Comment

15 and posting from home during Summer Vacation Ha, i'm a bit out numbered, but I have to agree with a couple things in this thread,

1 - Posting from work is fine, I plan on doing it

2- This game is up there with Diablo 2, and Half Life considering how much it has been able to inthrawl the people who play it. ( I know people that live in the world of Diablo 2 and Half Life)

all for now, later
                          If you can't Dazzle them with Brilliance, Baffle them with Bull****.

Comment

33 years, posting from home, but printing out RoN strategy guides when at work.
                            "As far as general advice on mod-making: Go slow as far as adding new things to the game until you have the basic game all smoothed out ... Make sure the things you change are really imbalances and not just something that doesn't fit with your particular style of play." - WesW

Comment

Teenagers rule the world! lol, im just kidding but Im 16 and I think thats its "cool" that you guys still play these games, I hope Ill have time to play agmes when Im around 30. Anyways, good luck with your mid-life crisis'! Later.
                              "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction."
                              -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
                              ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

its not really that we still play video games...
                                its cause we grew up when we grew up, in the information age. The older generation from us, didnt grow up with video games, and so there would be less of them who would be playing. But the older generation had their form of amusment as well that was appropriate for the time when they grew up. I guess bridge or some kinda card game or gambling would be more likely. But its essentually fulfilling the same niche.
                                Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Working...
                                X