No announcement yet.

Completely New Maps in CTW...Help BHG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All, New to RoN and the boards, just thought I would say Hi and add my 2¢

Very Nice job so far Pap1723, I will be eagerly awaitng this!!!

Reminds me of my Axis & Allies Board Game Days
    (My friends and I at the time figured there should be more areas so we recreated (painted) the map onto a 6'x3' table) with Many more areas. Ya I know we were crazy addicted to that game!

OOOPPPSSS "Dahm the Boss almost caught me posting and not working LOL - If he only Knew!!

Comment

Very nice map. This is exactly what I've been looking for since the game was released.

However, a few suggestions:

- Separate Spain and Portugal
      - Extend Finlands right "arm" into the sea. That would not only be historical, but it would also look better than the stubby one there is now.
      - I don't quite like the way Germany is divided. How about using some historical method instead (eg. Ruhr, Saarland, Berlin...)
      - I would also like to see Jugoslavia and Greece be split up in two, and maybe Western Africa as well.

Keep up the good work!

Comment

more suggestions

yeah germany divisions look kinda arbitrary.

for the u.k. instead of n, central and south, how about scotland, wales and england?

also, please give india's half of kashmir back. and if this is a ww2 map, there shouldn't be a pakistan (it didn't exist till 1947).
        THEY!!111 OMG WTF LOL LET DA NOMADS AND TEH S3D3NTARY PEOPLA BOTH MAEK BITER AXP3REINCES
        AND TEH GRAAT SINS OF THERE [DOCTRINAL] INOVATIONS BQU3ATH3D SMAL
        AND!!1!11!!! LOL JUST IN CAES A DISPUTANT CALS U 2 DISPUT3 ABOUT THEYRE CLAMES
        DO NOT THAN DISPUT3 ON THEM 3XCAPT BY WAY OF AN 3XTARNAL DISPUTA!!!!11!! WTF

Comment

Just wondering what the status is of this CTW mod... it appears there has been no "creator" posts since 6/5/03.
          This is all a great looking prospect btw.

Comment

Errr I'm a dumbass, didn't see all those replies when I first clicked this post.

1) Is it possible to add new territories by splitting up the existing territories and adding the new entries into the CTW_World_Map_01.xml file??

Yes, but it is just as easy to make your own. I started off modding the original files, and by the time I was done, I had completely rewritten the xml file.

2) What exactly is the CTW_World_Map_01_strings.xml file?? It has what appear to be random numbers to me, but I am pretty sure they mean something fairly important.

Its nothing really. You don't need to pay any attention to it, as RoN automatically creates it for you. It basically holds all the translated strings and values for you. Don't worry about it.

3) Instead of having a map of the world, can I change the map completely to become a map of only Europe so I can create a WWII Campaign that allows the player to attack wherever they prefer. I know I would have to follow the way the original .XML file is set up, but after looking through it, it seems very easy to follow.

.http://www.mrfixitonline.com/ron_cte.asp
            Yep, you can do that. I basically did that, and had the same intention as you (WWII Campaign). You can't really do WWII though, as you can't set the starting age, or starting diplomacy or anything.[/b]

Finally...

4) Is there a limit to the number of territories that are allowed on the CTW map? Looking through the files, it looks as though it is very easy to follow the previous examples by using the RGB color codes

No limit as far as I know, and you would likely never encounter it.

Comment

Revision...

I'm actually going to go against what most people here are saying. I think it would be better to consolidate alot of the territories (mainly the ones in mainland Asia), as having so many will undoubtedly make the game tedious... and historically it didn't really matter whether someone owned Afghanistan or Pakistan... so instead of just making the territories worthless, maybe just consolidate them and others? Also, maybe make Germany and the UK into just two territories each? When someone finallybreaks through one of the territories as the map is set up now, it won't matter much if they take two more or something... Map looks really good though; i'm also eagerly awaiting this mod!
              -Erik

Comment

I also urge you to modify the territory advantage. I think the difference between a level 2 and level 8 territory is simply too big when you play on hardest difficulty. For example, give the big territories 33% less bonuses

I would also like to see more overseas connections. for example, you could make small island in the middle of the great ocean could as little territories which allow you attack the other continents by different routes.

The whole ocean could be turned into small territories.
                For example, both pearl harbour and Hawaii and midway could all be separate territories in the pacific ocean. During the second world war, the Americans conquested island by island until they finally reached Japan. (and nuked it). This could create those realy cool island hopping wars between nations. or

Also an idea is to increase the map size when the territory connections get longer. you could recreate some realy some cool maps like the great nothern ocean battles (on a huge map), where america and england are divided by a huge map
                Last edited by Perfect General; August 4, 2003, 17:28.

Comment

Originally posted by SittingDuck
                  Just wondering what the status is of this CTW mod... it appears there has been no "creator" posts since 6/5/03.
                  This is all a great looking prospect btw.
                  meabee we could help if only people would share their modification knowledge.

The reason I say this is that often people with a lot of knowledge, start a project which they never complete due to other intrest or other private matters.

Therefore if we share our knowlegde, other people can pick up where others left.

Comment

Bump. This looks sweet. I IMed Pap to ask him about it... no reply so far.

Comment

I just made a custom real simple and easy i dont know why people havnt even made others because this is so easy, just find out the xy axis and the color code and there u got a new country

Comment

as u can see I edited autralia, its quite nice eh?

Comment

same as above just forgot to ad the image
                          Attached Files

Comment

Those images above will work for the texture and map so I might make an xml file for them it might take a while lol

Comment

Working...
                            X