No announcement yet.

Which is better...AOE or RON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RoN is definately better. While it seems complicated at first, I've realised that it's no harder than AoE/AoK.
    They're both solid games, but you can really tell that Bug Huge Games put in the extra effort (i.e. the civ specific 'look' of units, unlike you're Japanese knights you look just like French knights!)

The editor sounds a lot more robust too, funny thing, I just realised last night that RoN is in fact the game I tried to mod AoK into a year ago ago until I was unable to make AoK's resources infinite!

However, I will admit that I did miss hunting . . . arranging villagers and setting up perfect kills was a lot of fun imho.
    You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

AoE put me right off RTS for many years. Last night I played RoN till 3am - nuff said.
      Any views I may express here are personal and certainly do not in any way reflect the views of my employer. Tis the rising of the moon..

Look, I just don't anymore, okay?

Comment

the thing that is great about RoN is the community support and interaction BHG has given.

This game is also highly customisable which gives it huge longevitity
        Time to take out the trash. You know its easy but it seems harder every time you try and think about it.

Comment

I think that RON is by far better than AOE. RON has so much more indepthness to it i just love the way that it is a subtle blend of TBS with RTS. The span of it is quite remarkable and even though EE had quite the same span EE just didn't have the same lets play another game quality to it (just my opinion). Basically it offers the blend between RTS and TBS that i have been looking for in a game for quite a while now. Quite simply RON is a masterpiece.

Comment

RoN much emphasis th 'S' in RTS games, and is, indeed much more indepth. However, I still do enjoy AoE & AoK from time to time. The one thing i miss most from the AoE series is the abilty to upgrade the specific atributes of the units, like leather armor gave +1 to armor and fletching gave +1 attack for archers, etc.
            Civ=pi CivII=pi*d CivCTP=pi*r^2 CivIII=4/3pi*r^3 (hopefully)
            Civ pi= It's coming
            P.S. pi=(about)3.14159

Comment

Prefer AoK above RoN. Tried them both thoroughly in multi player and AoK is much more fun.
              Learn to overcome the crass demands of flesh and bone, for they warp the matrix through which we perceive the world. Extend your awareness outward, beyond the self of body, to embrace the self of group and the self of humanity. The goals of the group and the greater race are transcendant, and to embrace them is to acheive enlightenment.

Comment

Working...
              X