Which is better...AOE or RON?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Which is better...AOE or RON?

This is a tough one as I enjoy both games. If I could combine both games into one you would have the ultimate RTS. How does AOM compare to these 2?

RoN has the better parts of AoE and has taken the worst parts out. Seriously what parts of Age games would you like to add?

Offensive Castles/Towers? Receding tree lines? Useless infantry? Having to keep building resource collection buildings all over the map? Town Hall rushing? Overpowered static defence?

Comment

LOL, I agree, AoE was good whe it came out like what 5 years ago almost? I think that already have taken the best parts, like the interface;just like AoE. I cant think of naything else that i would add to RoN from AoE. BTW, Im new to the forums and this is my first post, I just wanna say "Sup all". Peace.
      "We are not retreating - we are advancing in another direction."
      -Gen. Douglas MacArthur
      ~HAIL CAESAR!~

Comment

AOE II is more better
        the graphic is superb than RoN
        but i enjoy play this game

Comment

RON is so much better than AOK. I haven't played an RTS online since AOK because the effort required to be really competitive took all the fun out of it. There was so much micromanagment crap in that game that I realised one day I was a human script and gave it up. All the worst of AOK is gone in RON and it's a lot more fun because of it.

Comment

Only thing I'd like to add: BETTER FORMATIONS WHEN YOUR GROUPS TRAVEL- as it is they move like a mob!

Comment

Originally posted by dearmad
              Only thing I'd like to add: BETTER FORMATIONS WHEN YOUR GROUPS TRAVEL- as it is they move like a mob!
              in RoN? did you set your troops to "hold position" ?
              "I've lived too long with pain. I won't know who I am without it. We have to leave this place, I am almost happy here."
              - Ender, from Ender's Game by Orson Scott Card

Comment

This is the sign of an awesome game. I keep seeing people asking for stuff that's already there

Ok, so maybe the documentation could stand to be a little better ...
                _/\ C
                Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

I dont know what hold position would have to do with formation movement.

Dearmad, there is a command called Forward, they hotkey is F. Select your troops and hit F, and they will move forward a short distance -in formation-, attacking enemies they see. Attack-move does not keep them in formation.

Comment

i hate the offensive buildings in AoK/AoE

That ruined the game for me. Why build a knight that has 120 HP when you can build a town center in the enemy base with 2500 HP? Several times I would think the game was going my way when suddenly I would see the attack indictator back at my base, and see that the enemy had build a castle and several town centers in covering positions behind my base and was attacking my farmers.

Comment

RoN is far above and improved over previous AoE titles. I can't help though but call this the next generation AoE game, because it still has the series' core gameplay and feel.

Minus all of what Flayer mentioned. :b

Comment

I think that RON is excellent compared to AOE. You can go through all the time periods and have the Counquer the World campaign which I just love.

Comment

Move forward order doesn't seem to retain the formation... bah

Comment

It does for me. I tested with a large mixed army in every formation, and the foward command kept them in formation.

Comment

AOE vs RON? That's like comparing a stone axe to a laser... RON wins this battle without competition... AOE was about getting the largest army ASAP, while RON is about getting the perfect army, and attack when the time is right...
                              This space is empty... or is it?

Comment

Working...
                              X