RON - Where is USA? PC Run Amok?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RON - Where is USA? PC Run Amok?

I was just curious if anyone could postulate why there was an absence of an American side, and further, now that I think about it, why USA or NASA would have been absent (seemingly scrubbed) from the space shuttle in the intro....

Further, what criteria was used for the historical events at the bottom of the manual....they seemed like strange choices for "world events".

I could think of several things that might occlude the rather insiginificant evenst that were included...

Not that it matters a great deal...the game seems pretty fun.

I am just curious.

usa has a 200 year history...
    most countries in the game have a 1000+ year history.

i would propose making an american nation, made up of indians at first and have very low tech stuff and then turn into the modern day america somehow...

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63

i would propose making an american nation, made up of indians at first and have very low tech stuff and then turn into the modern day america somehow...

That wouldn't make much sense, as modern American civilization is an offshoot of Europe, and is not a continuation of Native American culture in the slightest (although we did pilfer some Amerind legal ideas). We conquered and pushed aside the Native Americans, they didn't evolve into us. It should be treated as a separate culture.

It is interesting that the Americans aren't in the game, though. Most civ games have them, as American impact on modern civilization is so pervasive. Since the game does go into the modern era, I'd think they'd want to include us Yanks!

But, if they are going more by ethnicity of civs rather than nationality, I suppose that makes a difference, although one then has to account for the large number of European civilizations.
      Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Originally posted by s_qwert63

The Maya, Inca, Mongols, etc did not last long, they came and went quickly but long ago. I was tickled by the hypothetical modern units for these civilisations. Rome, Greece, etc I understand....longer lived both in power and influnce. Whatever, its all good fun.

Comment

I'm sure it's possible to make a mod that replaces one of the current civs with America, if that's what floats your boat.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

Originally posted by solops

The Maya, Inca, Mongols, etc did not last long, they came and went quickly but long ago. I was tickled by the hypothetical modern units for these civilisations. Rome, Greece, etc I understand....longer lived both in power and influnce. Whatever, its all good fun.
            The Maya, Incas, and Aztecs all lasted longer than ancient Rome and ancient Greece, even if they were less advanced.
            Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

>i would propose making an american nation, made up of indians at first and have very low tech stuff and then turn into the modern day america somehow...

Actually, what should really happen is that the low-tech Indian nation gets invaded and subjudated by the English. Then after a while, it would need to revolt and become the American nation.

Comment

America not in there? Wait for expansion

I'm sure they'll be adding america and other Nations to the expansion...

Comment

Originally posted by GodSpawn
                  >i would propose making an american nation, made up of indians at first and have very low tech stuff and then turn into the modern day america somehow...

Actually, what should really happen is that the low-tech Indian nation gets invaded and subjudated by the English. Then after a while, it would need to revolt and become the American nation.

Brian and Sid already made the game you describe - see my signature.
                  Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Originally posted by albiedamned

The Maya, Incas, and Aztecs all lasted longer than ancient Rome and ancient Greece, even if they were less advanced.
                    Actually, Aztec civilization didn't begin until c. 1300 AD, and was wiped out by Cortes & Co. in the 16th century. The periods of actual "civilization" for the Maya and Inca were also fairly short.

Greek civilization (depending on how you define it) lasted for hundreds of years longer than these, and Roman civilization certainly did, especially if you consider the Eastern Empire as part of Roman civilization.
                    Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

USA wasn't in AoK, why wern't people complaining about it then?
                      "I just nuked some poor bastard still in the Enlightenment age. that radioactive mushroom cloud sure enlightened his ass."
                      - UberKruX

Comment

As McThrustin said, they'll probably add the USA in the future expansion pack for the game. They had to leave something out of the game in order to promote the expansion, after all...
                        I watched you fall. I think I pushed.

Comment

Originally posted by Bridger
                          USA wasn't in AoK, why wern't people complaining about it then?
                          UH, think of the time perioed AoK encompassed...
                          Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Americans ... no ... no ... boring ... humdrum ...

I propose instead Texans!
                            i · b · a = 3 · i · e ^ μ

Comment

Originally posted by wilebill
                              Americans ... no ... no ... boring ... humdrum ...

I propose instead Texans!
                              YEEEEHAAHH!! Best idea in the forums!

Comment

Working...
                              X