PATCH Information from BHG

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

PATCH1 (0902) IS LIVE

At last, our first patch is up in a form that should, in theory, work for all languages. Thanks to all for bearing with us. We certainly have a lot of work to do in this area.

Here's a summary of our current priorities:

PATCH2
    Address our current inability to accurately test patches for all languages before going live. This patch will likely go up in the next few days and will be extremely limited in scope.

PATCH3
    Address issues that are keeping some people from enjoying the game at all. The timetable is ASAP but, with all the testing involved, is likely to take 1-3 weeks. These issues include:
    * Consistent CTW crashes on some systems. Some people seem to have solved the problem by upgrading their motherboard bios. We hope to either address the problems within the game itself or have a clear understanding of the problem so we can more effectively help people solve it.
    * Severe MP lag for some, regardless of bandwidth or machine specs. Since we were unable to repro the problem on site, someone is graciously sending us his system which exhibits the problem. Thanks for the many offers.
    * Inability to host behind a NAT via GameSpy even when the appropriate ports are opened.
    * Poorly behaving MP rating system.

PATCH4
    Hopefully, by this point, we can begin real improvements and start incorporating the many wonderful suggestions for improving online matchmaking and the overall game experience. We should have details at a later date.

Again, thanks for all the support,

J
    Jason Coleman
    Lead Programmer
    Big Huge Games

Comment

awesome, it patched perfectly. thanks

Comment

Patch 4 sounds good. Can I have that one sent to me?

Comment

Hiya
          so when are we gonne be able to download the patch? ( britisch version )

Comment

So is it available as a direct download yet? I am not a big Gamespy fan. And yeah, I am wanting the patch 4 as well. By the times those kinds of patches come out for the games I am playing, I am usually done with them

olaf

Comment

The patch is available via Online Matchmaking and has been tested for all versions, including British.

Right now, you don't need to actually log onto GameSpy, just select the online matchmaking option. At that point, the game will check for available patches. Once you get to the GameSpy logon, feel free to cancel.
              In either the next or the following version, the game will have a "Check for Updates" button.

There should be a stand-alone patch available sometime today. In the future, the "auto-patch" and the "stand-alone" will be released simultaneously.

J
              Jason Coleman
              Lead Programmer
              Big Huge Games

Comment

Thanks, I was just gonna ask where to get it!

Comment

Your game doesnt play well with Zonealarm, that is another reason why I'd like to see a standalone patch.

Zonealarm trys to get focus to bring up its dialogue box informing me that something is trying to access the internet and do I want to let it, but RON doesnt budge and so XP is pretty much hard locked at this point. Annoying, to say the least.

There are a few workarounds, yeah. But it shouldnt happen in the first place.

olaf

Comment

olaf,

Thanks for the info. We'll check it out.

J
                    Jason Coleman
                    Lead Programmer
                    Big Huge Games

Comment

Hmm... I have had programs popping up boxes wanting to get my attention while playing RoN... and the game just kindly minimized, no problemo - on XP.

And BTW, RoN performance is fantastic! It loads games FAST, and I mean it!
                      Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                      I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Heh, ill send ya this systems specs too if you want =). Anything to get to actually play multiplayer. Can send a directx system output file or whatever you guys usually use.

Comment

WOuld this patch be able to fixt the crash that happens after the Video Intro?
                          "All your base are belong to us" -Cats | "You don't leave an enemy at your back. Not if you like living." - Mara Jade | "You know the first rule in combat? ...shoot them before they shoot you." - Faye Valentine

Comment

Originally posted by jcoleman
                            olaf,

Thanks for the info. We'll check it out.

J
                            Hi Jason,

Just to inform you.

This problem is not related to Zone Alarm alone,
                            I think this issue applies to all firewall software, which displays a dialog screen, asking the user to allow traffic.

If I am running Kerio Personal Firewall and I click on "Gamespy matchmaking", RoN totally blocks, including the system, so I can't alt+tab to return to Windows. The only option then is to turn off the computer with the Power button.

I am using Windows XP Pro.
                            Beep...beep...beep.

Comment

Thank you for the info. We'll look at it today.

J
                              Jason Coleman
                              Lead Programmer
                              Big Huge Games

Comment

hiya Jcole
                                any date about when the standalone version of the patch comes out
                                have the prob , that my ron won't autopatch
                                i did bought the game , but has something to do with the version of my game , and the language thing
                                L_Clan_Chaos has same prob , we from same country ( belgium )
                                hope you can help
                                thx alot Anne

Comment

Working...
                                X