No announcement yet.

Initial RoN strategy tips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Spies won't help with an ancient era rush!
    Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

WORD!
      ;-D

BTW I haven't actually used a spy in battle yet, what do they do besides bribe??

Any good spy strategies yet??

THE TURTLE MUST KNOW
      First Master, Banan-Abbot of the Nana-stary, and Arch-Nan of the Order of the Sacred Banana.
      Marathon, the reason my friends and I have been playing the same hotseat game since 2006...

Comment

Spies can infiltrate enemy buildings, then you can see everything that building sees.

Comment

Originally posted by Ctulu
          thats why this game can restrict rushes as default, setting a timer or an age
          so no worries
          Please read: In order to counter a properly executed rush in a default setup game, you HAVE to research military first and put up a tower.

I want to maximize my chances of finding a match. Default settings are the easiest way to do that.

Originally posted by Ctulu
          fAnother good rush stopper is a bunch of spies.
          A "rush" is an all-out offensive launched at the beginning of a game. Spies are not available at the beginning of a game with default settings.
          _/\ C
          Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

Just to be clear, you don't have to research it first. You can probably research it 3rd, after science and civics, and still be ok. And you don't have to have a tower or barracks built, though they certainly help. But if you start building a barracks as soon as you see it coming, and make sure you build it somewhere he won't easily see, you have a good chance of beating it.
            Firaxis - please make an updated version of Colonization! That game was the best, even if it was a little un-PC.

Comment

Rushing isn't very hard to defend against in this game. Not very hard at all.

Comment

Spies are also a moral boost for generals who like a piece of ass now and then.
                And if you garrison them somewhere you gain wealth for the numbers of spies garrisoned and the number of citizen's/military units (1 at the time, money up front) garrisoned at the same place. As a consequence you can research Mafia at towers in industrial, to give every civilian a tommygun . ....verry effective LOL

....mmmm, it begin to sound as a good idea for a mod!!! Mob Wars or something....
                Last edited by Ctulu; May 28, 2003, 08:24.
                Pain is of no subsequence to me, for you cannot kill what cannot bleed!

Comment

This thread will not be getting any more updates. I'm moving my strategies to this thread: http://apolyton.net/forums/showthrea...postid=2049043
                  Solver, WePlayCiv Co-Administrator
                  I can kill you whenever I please... but not today. - The Cigarette Smoking Man

Comment

Working...
                  X