No announcement yet.

Why *YOU* Should Buy Rise of Nations...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep! And I think Brian Reynolds is much closer to the actual game-playing milleu than the average developer...
    I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Very interesting discussion here. Now, I dislike RTS's, so I won't be getting this game. But, maybe when it hits the bargain bin, I'll pick it up. Though this is very encouraging news, and I hope the next BHG game will be in a genre I like better.

(.... though after beating GTA: Vice City, I need a new game... perhaps I'll actually go get GTA3 )
      “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
      - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

After playing this a bit it strikes me as one of the following:
        1. Age of Empires with a pause and give orders
        2. Medieval Total War Lite...very lite
        Good stuff, good fun, good graphics but too fast and "acrade-like". If you like that, you'll love this game. If not, there need to be some mods that slow the game down and allow some depth to develop.

Comment

Originally posted by Imran Siddiqui
          Now, I dislike RTS's, so I won't be getting this game. But, maybe when it hits the bargain bin, I'll pick it up.
          You could always download the demo and get a feel of it for nothing.
          If I'm posting here then Counterglow must be down.

Comment

I could... yes.

But I liked the AoK demo, while I didn't like the full game . It kinda got a lot harder than the demo, see?
            “I give you a new commandment, that you love one another. Just as I have loved you, you also should love one another. By this everyone will know that you are my disciples, if you have love for one another.”
            - John 13:34-35 (NRSV)

Comment

Originally posted by solops
              Good stuff, good fun, good graphics but too fast and "acrade-like". If you like that, you'll love this game. If not, there need to be some mods that slow the game down and allow some depth to develop.
              I initiially found it overwhelmingly fast, too. But with the solo game, speed options & pausing give me total control over my experience. If I want to be deliberate, I can; if I want to get my pulse pouding, I can do that, too.

After a couple dozen games with the retail version, I still think that the "Normal" setting is too fast for normal humans once you have 4-6 cities and a good fight going. I can't imagine trying to play on faster than Normal setting.
              _/\ C
              Sturgeon's Law: 90% of everything is crud.

Comment

it really depends on what u're used to...it like reading...u can learn to speed read
                Are you down with ODV?

Comment

Yeah, normal speed is plenty fast unless you are already entirely familiar with the ins and outs of the game. Many people, I'm sure, will be happy on normal with periodic use of the pause button. And it's good that you can see pauses in the replays (it doesn't pause the replay, but you can see when a pause was used)!
                  I've been on these boards for a long time and I still don't know what to think when it comes to you -- FrantzX, December 21, 2001

"Yin": Your friendly, neighborhood negative cosmic force.

Comment

Working...
                  X