No announcement yet.

Demo Will Not Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just for your information: You DON'T need DX9 for the game. It's just the standard microsoft behavior to claim that it is needed in order to get you to install it. So if you don't want to install DX9, that's fine, just don't do it. (Same with Freelancer btw.)

Yes, I know that this has nothing to do with the "can't install"-problem. To that I can only say that I wasn't able to install the demo but the full game didn't pose any problems. No guarantee that it will work the same way with your system, of course.

Comment

Still. People that try to get away with a voodoo with games these days and then they wonder why it doesn't work.

Comment

I can't get the demo to install either. Just freezes up on me, got AMd-1400, 256 Megs Ram, DX 9.0.

Grifman

Comment

Also when trying to install the demo mine kept stalling on the "initializing atartup engine" screen. I thought it might have been a corrupt download, so I downloaded it again (on a 56k it takes a few minutes!). Still no good, I cleaned out my Windows/Temp folder (310meg) immediately after the install proceeding without hesitation.

Comment

demo worked fine for me
            The difference between genius and stupidity is that genius has its limits

Hydey the no-limits man.

Comment

Originally posted by DarthVeda

It's not wise to play a Directx9 game on a card that was made back when Dx3 came out.

Many Dx8/9 features are new hardware codes on cards since the GeForce3-era.
              Another expert. It has nothing to do with DX9. DX9 runs very well on my voodoo card. The problem is the lack of new drivers, not when the card was manufactured. Voodoo were/are good video cards for the money.
              We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
              If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
              Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

Working...
              X