Demo Will Not Install

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Demo Will Not Install

Okay...the RON trial from File Planet installed and worked perfectly. But I had to delete/reinstall so I DL'd the version from the main website and it will not install -- any ideas?
    Veni, vidi, vici.
    [I came, I saw, I conquered].
    -- Gaius Julius Caesar

when i double clicked the installer, it took a while for the install screen to load up.

Comment

same here, and I have 1012 ram...just give it some time.

Comment

I'm just wondering why one worked and the other didn't...I guess flukes always happen.
        Veni, vidi, vici.
        [I came, I saw, I conquered].
        -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

well this is my first post but i hope yoy all can help me too. the first time i ran the installer and waiting a short while i clicked install, then when they ask about installation options i click back, then i press install again.

after that it says "initializing startup engine" and its been like that for a while (more than an hour). since then i cant install anything cos its stuck on "initializing startup engine"

i got directx9, 256ram and AMD duron, thanks in advance

Comment

The same happened to me. The installer would get stuck on initializing setup engine. What I did was press control-alt-delete and turn off one of the programs listed. Unfortunately, I dont remember what it was called. After I did that, the installer immediately started again.

Comment

My demo installed, but at the very end I get a message about an incorrect installation command line paramater (or something like that). Then RoN won't run at all, even though everything else looks okay. Anyone else get this? I'm only running a computer barely capable of handling it: 700Mhz and 192MbRAM with Windows ME, but that shouldn't be the cause of a problem like that . . . I don't think.
              You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Post the entire error and look in your system and application logs (if running win2k and XP, win9xers forget about it) for any red X's. Sift through these. If any seem apparent to the installation or running of the demo mark them. Microsoft's TechNet site is a great source of information for troubleshooting.

Comment

Install seemed a bit buggy for me too. But it all went well eventually except for one little problem.........

It doesnt like my voodoo card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical.
                  We need seperate human-only games for MP/PBEM that dont include the over-simplifications required to have a good AI
                  If any man be thirsty, let him come unto me and drink. Vampire 7:37
                  Just one old soldiers opinion. E Tenebris Lux. Pax quaeritur bello.

Comment

ok thanks i got it to work i'll post it up so other can try this. i got another com on a lan so somehow the install worked there on the nth time, i copied the microsoft games dir over to my com, then i installed something called mx 4.0 or something through the web. i hope this helps anyone with the same problem as me

Comment

Ruberband, that's exactly what happened to me.
                      MSXML 4.0 not installed.
                      I'm looking for it now. I figured software like that would come with it, in the same way that the latest directX version seems to come with everything.
                      You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

mine keeps stalling on the "initializing atartup engine" screen too.

I sure as heck aint buyin' the full game if i can't get the demo to work, since the full game will probably have the same compatability issues with my machine.
                        While there might be a physics engine that applies to the jugs, I doubt that an entire engine was written specifically for the funbags. - Cyclotron - debating the pressing issue of boobies in games.

Comment

Got the required Microsoft applications (installer 2.0 and MSXML 4.0) and then it just decides that it doesn't like my video card - an old S3 Savage - and that's that. Pretty dissapointing.
                          You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Success, I opened up the text file and made the list of vidoe cards that included mine supported, rather than not supported. Now I can go through all the menus. though it still locks up when starting a game
                            You sunk my Scrableship!

Comment

Originally posted by SpencerH
                              It doesnt like my voodoo card !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Typical.
                              It's not wise to play a Directx9 game on a card that was made back when Dx3 came out.

Many Dx8/9 features are new hardware codes on cards since the GeForce3-era.

Comment

Working...
                              X