Infinate Queuing of Units Problem ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Infinate Queuing of Units Problem ?

This is something GoblinToe brought up that I hope BHG is aware of. I am not sure if infinate queuing is MEANT to be turned off automatically when you run out of resources or the building is attacked. Actually, I am not even sure if this is true, but I will assume it is, since GoblinToe probably has no reason to lie about it.

Please fix this. This seems like it would be very easy to fix, and in my humble opinion should be.

I also have a question for anyone (most likely the developers) who might know this:

If I am in the age right before industrial, and I load up on cavalry, then hit industrial and all the cavalry turn into tanks, I just saved a buttload of oil expenses, correct? I haven't checked into this, but maybe it would make more sense to stagger the cost of going to industrial based on the amount of would-be tanks you have. Otherwise, and correct me if I'm wrong, everyone will be loading up on horses right before they click the age advance to industrial to get "free" tanks. Do I have my ages right here, and am I making any sense with this question?

Thanks. I am really liking the game so far.

~ Leaper

no...the upgrade costs takes into consideration how many units u have on the field already...so upgrading to tanks with one horse on the field is much cheaper then if u had 50 or 100 on the field already

as far as the infinite queing...i have no problem with it stopping. i thought it was designed that way. it would be nice i suppose if it resumed but like i said before..lets actually play the game , and not just rely on the comp for everything...this IS supposed to be an RTS.
    Are you down with ODV?

Comment

The infinite queue is working as designed. It never came up as a problem for us and I know many prefer this behavior. However, I could imagine an ability to lock the queue so it doesn't auto-disengage.
      Jason Coleman
      Lead Programmer
      Big Huge Games

Comment

jason -

Thanks. Actually, maybe it's not all that bad. Especially if the Terra Cotta Wonder is always infinite, and I think it is. This would make that Wonder "special" because nothing interrupts the infinite build status of that building. Otherwise, it would be little more than a barracks set to infinite queuing.

While you're hanging around...

I am probably most interested in the Russians, since I think the whole concept and implementation of Attrition is excellent. Did you guys find that opponents can easily or not so easily re-inititiate supply to armies where the Russian player took out the supply trucks?

I have only the demo., so cannot play the Russians yet. But I would love it if I strategically was able to take out my opponent's invading armies supply truck(s), which forced him to have to deal with Russian Winter, and forcing him to withdrawl.... that would be such a strategically cool feeling. What are your guys' experience with that concept?

Thanks again... LOVING this game so far!

~ Leaper

Comment

Glad you're enjoying it.

As far as the Russians, that's certainly one of the typical strategies. The overarching philosophy behind the nation powers is that they should all feel very powerful. So they all tend to have some obvious strategies that are particular to that nation and a bunch of less obvious ones that follow. Cut the supply lines and watch the opponent "melt" in your territory. This can be true of any nation but is worth emphasizing when playing as the Russians.
          Jason Coleman
          Lead Programmer
          Big Huge Games

Comment

jason -

thanks again. Yep, I think the Russians will be a blast to play. I just noticed that the Mongols have the exact opposite effect with Attrition. They actually get a reduction.

I would guess this means that if you have the Russians with double, against the Mongols with half... they effectively negate each other ?

Wow... the Horde may be really fun to play also because of this.

I think I may go down as the fan who thinks attrition is the coolest concept ever created in an RTS game. It actually makes playing defensively (at least for periods at a time) a real, live, viable option. AMAZING for an RTS game!!!

I can not wait for this game to be released!

~ L

Comment

Working...
            X