No announcement yet.

Changing Government

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I find hte best time to change govs is just after youve decimated a enemy, ie all there fleets are gone and you are waiting for transports to arrive to take the last few worlds. Also at this stage i usually disband most of my fleet as it i alot quick to disband then to move them to another front. If you change govs at this time you will suffer alot of unrest as others had said but it's at ta time when you are regathering your forces.

This does have it downfalls though: If you lost alot of ships in recent battles prodcuton will be affected and you will replace ships slower. Another disadvantage is newly *aquired* colonies are often in unrest anyway abd the extra bit could get them even more P****d off at you and maybe revolt (hasn't happened to me)

Another good time is when you have just scrapped all your designs and built new ones. You will suffer unrest but as your planets are building old designs they should be able to manage to churn them our relitivly quickly anyway (this is only of you cant be bothered like me and go and delete every thing from every que.)

Overall unrest from gov cange isn't that big a problem as long as you dont do it when you really need production, although losing a large amount of ships to the AI is quite hard due to its passiveness.

(hope that helps, although im not sure it makes much sence )

Comment

Actually, it does make sence. Thanks.
      If you're interested in participating in the first Civ 5 Community Game then please visit: http://www.weplayciv.com/forums/forum.php

Comment

IMO the best time to change the government is when your HFOG has risen and you have no unrest in the empire. You can also slightly increase the unrest reduction spending and lower the o-meter a bit when changing the government, so you can handle the incoming unrest with ease.
        Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

Working...
        X