• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Buy MOO3 for $9.95

How interesting.

ebay search for moo3

note by markg: watch the length of the url's that you post
    Last edited by MarkG; March 24, 2003, 06:42.

Thanz

4 fixing my link posting, sorry it was a long url, but its a good link?

Comment

Makes me wonder why people want to sell it so cheap? Maybe apolytoners are right after all and the game isn't worth all that much. To be frank, I dont want to buy it, I just know it'll be installed but not played more than 3 or 4 times. But for 9.95$, it's worth it....I think.

Spec.
      -Never argue with an idiot; He will bring you down to his level and beat you with experience.

Comment

Makes me wonder why people want to sell it so cheap?
        indeed. online shops still have the price at $40. you'd think they know that marketing tip about lowering the price of a product that isnt selling.
        unless....
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

moo3 is a good game. Has much potential after a few fixes and ai patching. If people are not that patient--screw them. Let them sell it for 9$ ill buy that and take the one i payed 45$ for back. Idiots cant understand no game on the market is perfect and takes time to work all the bugs out--instead they rather have a new bug up their butts.

If you can buy it for that cheap it is a good buy and those other people just wasted their money.

Comment

Let them sell it for 9$ ill buy that and take the one i payed 45$ for back.
            hey that's an interesting idea to make some money

Comment

Originally posted by MarkG
              Makes me wonder why people want to sell it so cheap?
              indeed. online shops still have the price at $40. you'd think they know that marketing tip about lowering the price of a product that isnt selling.
              unless....
              Mark,

It may well be that most stores that have recieved Moo III are contractually obligated to sell their existing copies at the full retail price. Such a practice is not unknown and is in fact quite common. I do know that at my local Game-Stop, this is in fact the case....and as a result many copies of Moo III are languishing on the shelves unbought.

Note: Many stores will buy an initial shipment size based on the pre-orders....on the assumption that it will reflect buyer sentiment once the game is released. Didn't work so well for Moo III AFICT.

-Polaris

Comment

Electronics boutique has been sold out of this for some time ( one near my home ). I did actually get a copy from them after having to ask them to hold me a copy. And i have not seen any on the cheapy/return section. So not sure exactly how the whole sales thing works but it is still selling in my area.

Comment

It may well be that most stores that have recieved Moo III are contractually obligated to sell their existing copies at the full retail price.
                  if that is true, take my point at the infogrames level. surely they've got some marketing people there watching sales and seting prices...

Comment

Mark G,

I wouldn't say that at all. After all IG will want to force their retailers to sell the full game at full price as long as possible. Marking the price down this early would be a PR disaster which IG may not be willing to do.

In short, I think you may be reading too much into this.

-Polaris

Comment

so they are hurting their sales(by keeping a bad game in a high price) so that they dont hurt their sales(by bad PR from lowering the price and as if there isnt already bad PR about the game)??

and you say i'm the one reading too much into this??

Comment

Mark, he's actually got a point. While the game is already suffering from bad reviews, they haven't, from what I can tell, reached a critical mass of negativity to promote a truly sharp fall in sales. People are still interested in purchasing the game.

To lower the price to such a degree in the retail outlets would probably be just compounding the PR problems, in addition to ensuring they won't recoup their costs. As it stands, they can still hope the retail sales at full price will go on long enough to earn more profit.

It's a tightrope act in many respects.
                        Tutto nel mondo è burla

Comment

Currently, a search for
                          - items available to Europe (Italy) and payable via PayPal
                          - after a brief skimming of the soundness (to my opinion) of the offers
                          - after counting in the int'l shipping costs as quoted by sellers (2.5£ from UK, 7.5 US$ from Canada)
                          - considering those who are not selling the CD only (there are some!)

yields 3 current best offers of:
                          15, 17.5 & 18 US$, all-converted and all-included.

I didn't even check in local shops yet (didn't go downtown lately) thus I don't even know which version would be available now, and at what price (I think I could order it online a while ago by my usual shop chain at 45€).

Even up to 20 US$ all-inlcuded, I might well consider getting it from eBay.
                          I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

I reviewd eBay seraches for MOO3 sales and discovered some of the games being shipped from southeast asia, as we all know home of the international software pirates. I have run into these type of sellers before and uses to get on average 3 banned from eBay per month. But they are to numerous and I gave up. So as always, buyer beware.
                            "The greatest happiness of life is the conviction that we are loved - loved for ourselves, or rather, loved in spite of ourselves."--Victor Hugo

Comment

Indeed!

Originally posted by MariOne
                              - after a brief skimming of the soundness (to my opinion) of the offers
                              BTW, the offers I was watching raised up to 24-25$ (PLUS shipping) at the last minute (one closed, the other one 2 hours from ending).
                              The lower ones (~10$) are 3 or more days from closure, I expect they'll raise too.

Currently, I'd bid up to 12£, or 15$ (considering higher overseas shipping fees).
                              Last edited by MariOne; March 27, 2003, 07:12.
                              I don't exactly know what I mean by that, but I mean it (Holden Caulfield)

Comment

Working...
                              X