No announcement yet.

Sending too many colony ships...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Oh God, I hope so. Its so close to being a great game, not the great game I was expecting, but not bad anyway. We'll just have to see what QS comes up with. They say they're reading the forums, so we are having our "polite complaints" listened to, but we can't expect everything fixed in the first patch. Rantz has already said that they won't be patching anything (in the first patch, at least) which needs new graphics, so we can forget about a new Military control screen - for now - but this kind of thing has not been ruled out for the future.

BTW there's a mod over at IGMoO for doubling the size of the spaceship models. Have you tried it yet?

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Doubling the size? What size? Hull size?

I usually play unmodded. Even Civ3. Never even started the editior

IMHO messing with stuff like that throws a game out of balance. If I double all the hull sizes, I'll have to scrap even more often...

Comment

Doubling the model size. So the ships look a lot bigger, which is good. You need quite a fast computer (and a fair lump of RAM) to move these big voxels around though. I think this mod installs automatically, but you may have to do some cut and paste. MoO3 is real easy to mod, BTW.

-Jam
        1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
        That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
        Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

I'm playing on a E500 notebook so I cannot afford any flashy graphics

Needless to say, CIv3 was a realy pain in the rear. It took forever to finish the turn....

Comment

Forget this mod then. I was playing Civ3 on a Pentium 233MHz. Man was that painful.

-Jam

Comment

Working...
            X