Sending too many colony ships...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sending too many colony ships...

Its possible that I am missing something here, although I think its a bug/bad feature:

I let the AI handle the colonizing. I have however marked all the interesting planets for colonization. Colony ships keep getting built, and sent to planets, but the AI sends too many to one planet. I get 2 or even 3 colony ships getting sent to green planets!!??
    On the other hand, there are planets that are left out completely.

WHY DO I HAVE TO WRESTLE THE AI ALL THE TIME???

Re: Sending too many colony ships...

Originally posted by Daz
    WHY DO I HAVE TO WRESTLE THE AI ALL THE TIME???
    What else is there to do? Apart from space battles.

-Jam
    1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
    That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
    Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
    Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Just turn the autocolonize off for a while then back on. I think those colony ships wait in orbit until the planet reaches colony status before being reassigned.

Comment

You have to cancel the colonize Marker after a Ship has been sent (if its a green/sweetspot World that is´)
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

Yes, this bug sucks bad. The AI will continue to send ships until the colony is actually built. Since the ships travel time is longer than the time it takes to build the colony ship you get multiples at the same planet. The game should keep track of what it has sent and where so this does not happen, but it is bugged.

Comment

Well, War of Art, if I wanted to fix things, I'd go fix my sink, or something else useful.

Aparently, this is how colonizing works. Instead of being fanbois about it, I'd expect a bit more criticism of a feature that is annoying, yet easily fixable in a future patch. Its not going to be fixed if you put sugar on it...

Comment

Um, Daz, my sugar was, like, salt.

See what I mean?

-Jam
              1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
              That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
              Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!

Comment

OOooooo, sarcasm. I get it....

Comment

You have to forgive me. I tend to be slow on mornings....

Comment

Consider yourself forgiven. But don't call me a fanboi unless you want to make the real fanbois mad. On a fanbois theme, however, it is kinda fun working out how to beat the (planetary) AI, make PD fire, force VRs to build stuff that you want etc, isn't it?

-Jam

Comment

Well, yes. Kinda. Its like having a playmate for a secretary. Shes dumb, and tends to do everything wrong, but you kinda stick with her... and do the real work yourself.

Comment

Hmm, my secretary does all the work, not just the real work, otherwise I'd never have time to come on'poly at the office I'd say its more like having a car that doesn't go unles you get out and push, but you push it anyway, because its a vintage Jaguar

-Jam

Comment

Hmm, my secretary does all the work, not just the real work
                          This is a family friendly forum, y'know

ps. do you actally play moo3 or have you given up?

Comment

Unfortunatley my seceratary already has a family...

Oh, MoO3!

I finished a big game (3 whole days) on Sunday night where I did everything. I wanted to see it all. I'm taking a break now untill the patch comes out. After a 600 turn huge galaxy conquest game (with all 5 X's) I deserve a break. I'm not giving up though. Remember how many patches Civ3 needed, before it got actually quite OK.

-Jam

Comment

I never played Civ3 unpatched, so I cannot tell. But Moo3 needs a patch badly. Lets just hope it patches all the important issues.

Comment

Working...
                              X