AI Ground Assault!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AI Ground Assault!

I was playing last night and had the imsaides break alliance with me then attack some of my fleets. I figured turn about was fair play so I began bombarding their planets the same turn. They declare war on me. The next turn I continue pounding them to teach them a lesson, when all of the sudden the ground combat screen comes up. The Imsaides attacked me. And they didn't putz around either; they sent over four thousand troops against one of my best systems. My militia didn't stand a chance.

I think they've attacked maybe one or two times more but I was too entrenched to think of saving it. I did pull the autosave for the turn prior to the ground assault, although I didn't reload it to see if they attack again. I can't upload it from home; I have a POTS connection but I should be able to get it uploaded at work on Monday if anyone's interested. It'll give me time to ensure the ground attack takes place the next turn anyways.

So i was not dreaming when i saw 9 tachidi transport TFs once

Comment

I wonder if it's a matter of the AI only attacks with overwhelming force rather than never at all.

4000 troops!
      "Stuie has the right idea" - Japher
      "I trust Stuie and all involved." - SlowwHand
      "Stuie is right...." - Guynemer

Comment

If "Troops = Comat - Points" then it is the same thing I experienced.

It was a War against the Ithkul and I had just gotten a Border World from the Klackon (they traded it for Tech). The World was connected by a wormhole to an Ithkul World.

A few turns later the Ithkul came.
        First they blockaded the World with some Ships and the next turn they invaded the World with Gound Troops.
        In my case it was also an Army with nearly 4000 Combat Points.
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
        Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

What is the difficulty level you use? I've noticed that with harder levels the AI is using ground combat more offenly but not much..still it seems to overrun with thounsands of troops, haven't seen a single case where the troop amount is less than ~2000...

Comment

I'm playing an easy/two arm spiral game.

Comment

Medium Difficulty, Huge 3 Arm Spiral Galaxy
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
              Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Medium Difficulty, Huge 3 Arm Spiral Galaxy
                Good lord, how long does it take you to play through a game? I've been playing the two armer for two weeks now.

Comment

Originally posted by Harry Seldon

Good lord, how long does it take you to play through a game? I've been playing the two armer for two weeks now.
                  I´ve started my current Game (as usual as the Psilons) on Saturday or Friday and now I´m in turn 281 with 97 Planets under my Control and Presidency over the Senate (which was rather easy, cos the only other Race in the Senate aside from the NO are the Raas).
                  My Victory Condition is to discover all 5 X (I had really good chances to get them in my last game, but as I had discovered some new things about the Mechanics of MOO3 which I wanted to test out I decided to abandon the Game in turn 423 and started my current one).

At the Moment its still more an experimental Phase for me, where my main concern isn´t victory (O.K. I had some of them in earlier games, where Presidency was a victory condition, but that is far too easy) but to get accustomed to the game and discover more of its internal workings.
                  So it may be, that also this Game doesn´t end with a 5X - Victory, but instead is abandoned for a new game with the same Starting conditions.

Comment

Mine is a tester as well. I tried the Psilons off the bat and was getting crushed so I practiced a little with a Tachidi Senate win then went on to play the Evons, who I'm currently playing. I'm over five hundred turns, there's only one planet left that's controlled by the Imsaides, and I'm searching for Antaran X 2&3. I figured I can get both endings on this game and then play around with the different races.

Comment

Working...
                    X