I was attacked

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

well i 'm not loosing yet, but not making any advances either
    Last edited by MarkG; March 6, 2003, 07:06.
    Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
    Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
    giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

i still say even if the ai does attack occasionally that its very inconsistent somtimes it attacks other times it won't hit your homesystem even when its completely undefended.

Comment

is it possible that it has defense as it's first priority and/or it has other wars to deal with and/or it doesnt have the "required"(from it's programming) amount of ships to send(usually i see it coming with 3-6 ships(we're talking about my first game/a few hours only))?
        Co-Founder, Apolyton Civilization Site
        Co-Owner/Webmaster, Top40-Charts.com | CTO, Apogee Information Systems
        giannopoulos.info: my non-mobile non-photo news & articles blog

Comment

In MOO and MOO2 the computer very rarely built any real defence before they attack you. This mean they are repair better for than attack by you.
          By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

The complaint in moo3 is not that the AI wont ever attack it is that:

1) The AI will only ever attack with small amounts of force, never enough to defeat a significant defense

2) When the AI wins a combat, it will never send in troop transports and actually CONQUER the colony. It will sit there forever, until you either starve to death or come in with a fleet and retake the system.

The AI actually defends pretty well.....it just cant attack worth crap.

Working on mods....

Comment

I read ancient and medival history where the defence was heavy favor.. To storm than heavy fortive castle or cities meanth very heavy loss to the attracker. So most attracker
              just laid seige to these stronghold and try to stave then out.
              Thoughtout history the swing between offisence and defence went back and forth. The defence value of the local
              nobleman in his castle ended when heavy cannons where able to breach the wall.
              By the year 2100 AD over half of the world population will be follower of Islam.

Comment

I had the Ithkul invading one of my Border Worlds (which I just a couple of turns earlier got from the Klackons for some Tech of mine).
                They attacked with an Army of more then 100 Ground-Units and a total Strength of 4400.
                Regardless to say, that they succeeded.
                At least til I prepared a Fleet for my Counterattack and then bombarded the Population of the Planet (and I hope the Troops with it) to dust.
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "I am the Harbinger of Death. I arrive on winds of blessed air. Air that you no longer deserve."
                Tamsin (Lost Girl): "He has fallen in battle and I must take him to the Einherjar in Valhalla"

Comment

Originally posted by Proteus_MST
                  I had the Ithkul invading one of my Border Worlds (which I just a couple of turns earlier got from the Klackons for some Tech of mine).
                  They attacked with an Army of more then 100 Ground-Units and a total Strength of 4400.
                  Regardless to say, that they succeeded.
                  At least til I prepared a Fleet for my Counterattack and then bombarded the Population of the Planet (and I hope the Troops with it) to dust.
                  This show it still too early to say anything about the AI in the game.

Comment

Originally posted by Alexfrog
                    The complaint in moo3 is not that the AI wont ever attack it is that:

1) The AI will only ever attack with small amounts of force, never enough to defeat a significant defense

2) When the AI wins a combat, it will never send in troop transports and actually CONQUER the colony. It will sit there forever, until you either starve to death or come in with a fleet and retake the system.

The AI actually defends pretty well.....it just cant attack worth crap.

Working on mods....
                    Again like all these assertions it isnt enntirely true. The AI can do it, and does do it, but it happens far less often than a human player would manage it.

I've had an enemy invade one of my fully developed systems with enough ships (35, mostly superdreadnoughts) to smash the planetary defences, then land 13,500 points worth of troops on the main world to conquer it in 3 rounds of combat. We just need to encourage it to do this more often, but not so often that most games result in a 3:1 gangbanging of the human player by turn 100.
                    To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                    H.Poincaré

Comment

I hear the people who make this name are working on than mod base patch to this game instead of trying to change the hard wire programming code their use so it is hard to change they programming code.

Comment

Has anyone ever just for the hell of it just declared war on the New Orions, like around turn 200? I did and they just sent a task force past 2 moderately defended colonies and blew my homeworld to cinders. They didn't even dignify my proclamation of war with a responce.

Comment

I did and they just sent a task force past 2 moderately defended colonies and blew my homeworld to cinders
                          Sounds like they considered you beneath contempt; they did not want to engage in debate with a race they consider so far beneath them, but you could not insult them with impunity either.

Typical Antaran behavior - they make examples out of races like yours so no others will dare to follow your lead.

There is likely a Guardian roaming the remains of your home system right now
                          One OS to rule them all,
                          One OS to find them,
                          One OS to bring them all
                          and in the darkness bind them.

Comment

There is likely a Guardian roaming the remains of your home system right now
                            mmm, guardians are cool. . .
                            By working faithfully eight hours a day, you may get to be a boss and work twelve hours a day.

Comment

I believe that they tone down the computer AI to give the human player than change at the game. Remember Star Reach from Interplay.

Comment

I decleared war on the NOs on about turn 500 and it was probably the most fun i had in the game. And to think it only took about 6 hours to get there.

Comment

Working...
                                X