Copyright on Manual

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Copyright on Manual

I've noticed a lot of people saying the manual is...less than good other than for storylines.

Check out final page in book, it says Copyright 2002, which means that was the printing year...if they've been changing a lot, could that explain anything?

Also, any proof to the rumor that a new manual was being created for PDF distribution?
    Veni, vidi, vici.
    [I came, I saw, I conquered].
    -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Re: Copyright on Manual

Originally posted by TheMaestro

Also, any proof to the rumor that a new manual was being created for PDF distribution?
    yes, we're working on it, it'll be posted on the official site, and if Markos or the Orion Sector folks want to mirror it, they will be welcome to.
    Rantz Hoseley
    Art Director
    Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Cool, thanks man. Thought I read it, but never hurts to make sure -- thanks for quick response!

And trust me...you'll want it mirrored, I can just imagine QS servers getting blasted by thousands of people trying to get it.
      Veni, vidi, vici.
      [I came, I saw, I conquered].
      -- Gaius Julius Caesar

Comment

Don't forget to pump the Galactic Encyclopedia up, too. We need more haiku!

Comment

Originally posted by TheMaestro
          Cool, thanks man. Thought I read it, but never hurts to make sure -- thanks for quick response!

And trust me...you'll want it mirrored, I can just imagine QS servers getting blasted by thousands of people trying to get it.
          Our servers (on a t1) are getting flatlined from the number of hits, out bandwidth it TOTALLY being tapped out, so yeah, mirroring will most likely be a necessity.
          Rantz Hoseley
          Art Director
          Quicksilver Software, Inc.

Comment

Re: Re: Copyright on Manual

Originally posted by Rantz

yes, we're working on it, it'll be posted on the official site, and if Markos or the Orion Sector folks want to mirror it, they will be welcome to.
            Thanks, Rantz. We will gladly mirror the updated manual upon its official release.

-------------
            Dan; Apolyton CS
            PolyCast Co-Host, Owner and Producer: entertaining | informing civ
            >> PolyCast (Civ strategy), ModCast (Civ modding), TurnCast (Civ multiplay); One More Turn Dramedy

Comment

Anxiously waiting. ETA?
              "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
              "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
              2004 Presidential Candidate
              2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Originally posted by Rantz

Our servers (on a t1) are getting flatlined from the number of hits, out bandwidth it TOTALLY being tapped out, so yeah, mirroring will most likely be a necessity.
                I've got my own site (50GB bandwidth), so I'll mirror it too if you like.
                Contrary to what many believe. MOO3 does NOT suck. If you think it does, you're wrong. Have a nice day.

Comment

Yow! What is that? An OC768 pipeline?
                  "And so, my fellow Americans: ask not what your country can do for you—ask what you can do for your country. My fellow citizens of the world: ask not what America will do for you, but what together we can do for the freedom of man." -- JFK Inaugural, 1961
                  "Extremism in the defense of liberty is not a vice." -- Barry Goldwater, 1964 GOP Nomination acceptance speech (not George W. Bush 40 years later...)
                  2004 Presidential Candidate
                  2008 Presidential Candidate (for what its worth)

Comment

Working...
                  X