No announcement yet.

Terraforming, should I and when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

From TechTables.txt open in excel. I'm assuming TFormRin+=1 is increasing Terraforming. I've only ever gotten Sunlight Redirection and Magnetic Field Modification though myself.
    Sunlight Redirection TASunRdr TBSunRdr None Achieve SunltRdr Achieve Const_10 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1
    Magnetic Field Modification TAMgFdMd TBMgFdMd None Achieve MagFldMd Achieve MthCm_18 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1
    Atmospheric Containment TAAtmCnt TBAtmCnt None Achieve AtmosCnt Achieve BioSc_25 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1
    Climate Controllers TAClmCnt TBClmCnt None Achieve ClimCont Achieve MthCm_31 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1
    Planetary Core Heat Pumps TAPlnPmp TBPlnPmp None Achieve PlntPump Achieve Energ_36 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1
    Atmospheric Processors TAAtmPrc TBAtmPrc None Achieve AtmoProc Achieve Const_41 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1, TFormPar = 1
    Bio-Engineered Life TABioLif TBBioLif None Achieve BioEngLf Achieve BioSc_45 TFPlanet None TFormRin +=1, TFormPar = 1

Comment

If i colonize a planet with my humanoids and then the Klakons from my overcrowded worlds start moving in because they like it more, how will the planet be terraformed? In the first phase, when the humanoids will be domiinant, the planet will go, let's say, 2 rings towards Sweet Spot and than, with the Klakons as a majority, 2 rings back to where it started?

Comment

Originally posted by Prothero
        If i colonize a planet with my humanoids and then the Klakons from my overcrowded worlds start moving in because they like it more, how will the planet be terraformed? In the first phase, when the humanoids will be domiinant, the planet will go, let's say, 2 rings towards Sweet Spot and than, with the Klakons as a majority, 2 rings back to where it started?
        interesting problem. I can see how it would be possible, esp as klacks are bunnies and humans, well.. interesting, never thought about it.

Comment

On a similar note, how does terraforming affect magnate civilizations? I started in the outskirts and assimultated two or three of these very early on, they are colonizing entire systems under the banner of the Ithkul menace. However, I don't think I've ever seen any indication of what environment these races like, or whether terraforming defaults only to my base race and not the needs of the local population. Since entire systems are 100% magnate-populated and deep into Ithkul red, if the terraforming only works towards Ithkul norms, terraforming risks doing harm from the get go, or doing good for awhile but then overshooting, or all manner of other crazy possiblilties if the terraform isn't specific to the local population.

Comment

I tested this last evening.
            (For magnate civs topic)

Terraforming terraforms to preferences of race with maximum population on that planet.
            Knowledge is Power

Comment

Does it shift if the max pop. changes without requiring new technologies? That sounds vaguely consistent with something I might have read before, but I can't recall for sure or where it would have been.

Comment

Working...
              X