Terraforming, should I and when

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Terraforming, should I and when

I have not seen the AI spending anything to terraform any of my planets.
    I am forcing some spending on it on a Yellow planet, but I am not sure if I should, how much and when.
    It sure is nice to have to do everything with no information.
    I would like to know if it makes sense to terraform and if so how much, when?
    I mean in Moo1 and Moo2 you knew what you would get for terraforming, what could be done to what and when.......

you could always start a development plan for yellow and red stars with terraforming.

As soon as you get the requisite techs, it should start happening. of course...

I have seen terraforming on my planets before, entirely AI driven, no messing by me, but it was late game.

Comment

I suspect your are correct. I did have a plan for yellow with terraforming, but I am not sure if I have any requisite tech.

Comment

I think the AI starts terrafoming only when all possible DEA's have been built.
        Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

It's funny vmxa1, that you are asking question, I have to laugh. I am so use to you as answering everyones questions, I expected you to be an expert on the MOO games.

I know Moo3 just came out and we don't know how to play it but thought it was funny you asking a question.

Davor

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
            I think the AI starts terrafoming only when all possible DEA's have been built.

Or if it's given a high priority in a dev plan, I would imagine.
            Rethink Refuse Reduce Reuse

Do It Ourselves

Comment

Yeah I am at square one and was a bit late in getting the game.

Comment

This got me too. The book or the online help says you can't terrraform until the necessary tech has been researched.

Comment

My problem is not only do we not have the knowledge of the means to terraform (how it is done), but we have a dirth of information on why/when we should do it, if we should do it.
                  So I fiured out how to do, but I do not know if I should and when and how much.

Comment

Originally posted by vmxa1
                    My problem is not only do we not have the knowledge of the means to terraform (how it is done), but we have a dirth of information on why/when we should do it, if we should do it.
                    So I fiured out how to do, but I do not know if I should and when and how much.
                    Yes, we need some compendium of what each tech does. We need to know how much it costs. Is the 15% spent getting the job done? How does something like the Senates nature preservation act affect it? Like many places in the game, this one is weak in information.If it takes 100 turns to terraform a yellow world, why bother?

Comment

I note the AI will terraform gravity almost as a first priority when the requisite tech (mass converters) is available. On other planets late game I've seen the terraforming budget at circa 9% but havent looked closely to actually see the impact of it.
                      To doubt everything or to believe everything are two equally convenient solutions; both dispense with the necessity of reflection.
                      H.Poincaré

Comment

Getting to know the techs is the hard part.....so many, and so many are new. I just noticed that one of my worlds was terraforming at a very small rate. Quite nice, actually, and just a tiny bit of cash over a long time....

I really like how you can have a planet do multiple things now (as compared to Moo2). Nice to be able to terraform, build a ship, and build a mine, etc. at the same time.

PS: Asleepathewheel....your icon makes it look like she is drinking a beer :-)

Comment

In my first game, my planets seemed to get terraformed without significant delay. And this was with citizens going to red 2's to escape overcrowding. (and annoying when it meant that Ajadar (red 2) took over a Darlok (sweet spot) planet )

Comment

Originally posted by TrainWreck20

PS: Asleepathewheel....your icon makes it look like she is drinking a beer :-)

I've set my yellow's priority to terraform primary, and man, the terraform was set at like 75% A bit high I would say, esp since there was no infrastructure.

Comment

If i made correct conclusion, Habitability ring affects Population growth SIGNIFICANTLY - fertility (of current region on planet), max. population affect population growth (mostly if Population = Max population) and immigration depend on habitability ring of planet.

So, new planet you don't need max pop, pop growth and bioharvest - better to terraform after at least some industry is working on planet IMHO, but then immediately terraform on yellow/red planets - terraform is relatively cheap, so better to do it before all infrastrucure is built because you don't need 50%- effectivity of DEA and Maintenance cost > Income.

The Most Comprehensive UNofficial Sci-Fi TBS Site Online.

Pop Growth (http://www.orionsector.com/pages/dd/...owth.shtml.htm)

From Spreadsheets.mob

TableStart TerraformCost
                              ColumnHeadingsStart Cost Mulitplier Cost for First Ring
                              RowHeadingsStart
                              RingEquivDist 8 5 // The first number is how far to terraform before the cost goes up, The second number is the percent of terraform cost that maintenance costs,
                              0 Terraforming Achievement 1,8 200 // needed for calculating maintenance degradation each turn
                              1 Terraforming Achievement 1,7 175
                              2 Terraforming Achievement 1,6 150
                              3 Terraforming Achievement 1,5 125
                              4 Terraforming Achievement 1,4 100
                              5 Terraforming Achievement 1,3 80
                              6 Terraforming Achievement 1,2 60
                              7 Terraforming Achievement 1,2 60
                              8 Terraforming Achievement 1,2 60 // get to 8 if you can terraform to paradise
                              TableEnd

TableStart FertilityLevel
                              ColumnHeadingsStart Paradise SweetSpot G1 G2 Y1 Y2 R1 R2
                              RowHeadingsStart
                              2 9 8 7 6 5 4 3 2
                              1 8 7 6 5 4 3 2 1
                              0 7 6 5 4 3 2 1 1
                              -1 6 5 4 3 2 1 1 1
                              -2 5 4 3 2 1 1 1 1
                              TableEnd

TableStart MaxGrowthRate
                              ColumnHeadingsStart MaxGrowthRate
                              RowHeadingsStart
                              1 0,01 // tenths of a percent
                              2 0,015