Hive,
    Superoir Bio,Ind,Mining,
    most content best Citizens
    bad research av. creativity

Is it a Bird?
    Is it a Plane?
    No its the Klackons on Steroids!
    ;=)
    Curse your sudden but inevitable betrayal!

Comment

I am actually surprised to see that not a lot of people went for the bugs.

I would have thought that bugs would have had more popularity since they have the "easiest" form of governement to manage and they breed like crazy (as far as I know)

I yet have to try them.

I have been playing human so far, didn't trust myself to go for anything else considering that I am totally new at MOO and didn't trust myself to be able to handle anything "unfamiliar"
      Administrator - ghostrecon.net

Comment

30%growth Klacks
        35%Tachidii
        i remember that one Race breeds fast but im unsure which..
        harvesters or Saurians?

Comment

Originally posted by TrainWreck20
          Does anyone play without modifying the races?
          That is what I am doig right now. No custom races until I have a better understanding of the game. These games are only for experimentation.

Comment

Top Race :
            Eoladi modified by pushing everything right down so I can then push up Citizenship, Mining, Manufacture, Research and Creativity to Max, and a Hive government. These guys blow at trade and diplomacy, and are the worst imaginable ground troops. But, man can they build things.

Don't forget - Eoladi have very big planets indeed. A size 12 planet covered in Industry DEAs with Superior Manufacturing. Sweeeet

-Jam
            1) The crappy metaspam is an affront to the true manner of the artform. - Dauphin
            That's like trying to overninja a ninja when you aren't a mammal. CAN'T BE DONE. - Kassi on doublecrossing Ljube-ljcvetko
            Check out the ALL NEW Galactic Overlord Website for v2.0 and the Napoleonic Overlord Website or even the Galactic Captians Website Thanks Geocities!
            Taht 'ventisular link be woo to clyck.

Comment

Originally posted by Main_Brain
              My diplomacy rating is to bad..
              AI wont accept any Tech/system Deals..
              mhh as i think about it he only accepts trade&research, the only time NA/Alliances concur is when He proposes them. *note*
              I'm also a big fan of the ants from MoO2. I took the "stock" ants to get a feel for the game and am actually doing very well in both economy & research, both because of diplomacy!

I'm persistant. Initially I couldn't get many deals from my Senate buddies but after a while of 2nding their motions and proposing "praise" bills and offering them trade deals they opened up. Now I've got a rep for accepting any trade or research pact, I always respond promptly with polite and friendly replies and I often make sweet tech trades with my Psilon buddies (+198 relations) ... I have full alliances with most of the races. Only non-takers are New Orion (isolationist b*stards), Silicoids (who are programed to hate my race but actually traded with me for a while until we got into a spy vs spy war), and then there's the Ithkul. I hate those infested terran braggards. My bug fleets with ant armies are currently en route to their homeworld to erradicate them. This is still my first game (just got the game this weekend) and I'm actually excited to get home and try out my first real invasion.

Why I love the Ants: Industry and Growth. The population soars, colony ships are rapidly born due to great industry and we populate the stars. With #s comes additional production compounded with our racial bonus for production with leads to big ant fleets all the while extra ants to do un-ant things like research. I bumped up my budget into research, set research as a secondary pref for my non-mining planets (including core), and to get past our lack of creativity, you gotta trade a lot with your buddies.

Of course my silly bug spies really sucked until I got lucky and got a leader who gave them all +20% bonuses. I still don't crank out spies that fast, but I get very amused when I see names like "Backbeat" next to their cheesy bug-shots.

--Togas
              Greatest Moments in ISDG chat:"(12/02/2003) <notyoueither> the moon is blue. hell is cold. quote me, but i agree with ET. "
              Member of the Mercenary Team in the Civ 4 Team Democracy Game.
              Former Consul for the Apolyton C3C Intersite Tournament Team.
              Heir to the lost throne of Spain of the Roleplay Team in the PTW Democracy Multiplayer Team Game.

Comment

hmm... for some reason, it surprises me that Togas likes to play the bugs...

For me, so far it's this order:

1. Evon
                2. Silicoids
                3. Humans (for a challenge, as explained above...)

I'm loving the Evon so far... especially if you modifty them to give them better diplomacy.
                Long-time poster on Apolyton and WePlayCiv
                Consul of Apolyton from the 1st Civ3 Inter-Site Democracy Game (ISDG)
                7th President of Apolyton in the 1st Civ3 Democracy Game

Comment

Well, my new game with the Nommo is going well. I got caught in a small sector, strung in a space corridor between three empires, having only a wormhole to allow further expansion (until I get past a Guardian, anyways). However, even with a much more limited ability to expand, I am finding that they are just as capable of expanding their power as the Raas, if not moreso. However, they are much more susceptible to unrest than are the Raas, and it's this thorn in my side which has made preparations for a Guardian assualt difficult.

So far, I'd say that the Raas and Nommo about equal in their goodness, both surpassing the Psilon to some degree.
                  The Total Mecha RPG Project

Everybody, Everybody! It's Homestar Runner time!

Comment

Customised a Tachidi slightly better than Klackons it seems..
                    but somehow their Spies are a lot worse ... really strange-
                    But well I can handle it.. The First spy I ever recruited was named Turncoat so I dont expect much ;=)

Comment

War of Art,
                      If I were you I would push up the Economics instead of Mining And throw in Natural Engineers too ....
                      Last edited by bakalov; March 4, 2003, 09:52.
                      Against stupidity the very gods themselves contend in vain.

Comment

I love the Tachidi, from what I've played so far. Excellent production and mining, plus they produce ships like there's no tomorrow. Which, I guess, is kind of true.

Comment

Working...
                        X